Audit Professional Working Level
This is a professional (working) level position responsible for performing complex financial, information technology, operational and compliance audits for the higher education system. The position reviews internal controls, conducts security assessments of information systems, and performs complex advisory services/investigations of varying complexity. This position is responsible for providing an independent and objective assessment of governance, risk management, compliance and internal controls across the University System of Georgia to ensure compliance with ethical norms, laws, rules and regulations.
- Provides support for the annual formulation of the system-wide audit plan.
- Communicates audit or consultation results to senior staff.
- Writes and executes programs to provide audit assurance, compliance, investigations, internal control reviews and consultations in support of the objectives of the University System.
- Drafts audit or investigative reports to communicate observations, issues, risks, and recommendations.
- Conducts opening and closing conferences with college leadership.
- Researches and interprets federal regulations, the Georgia Code, Board of Regents Policy, and University System of Georgia procedures to determine applicability to the audit subject.
- Develops detailed test procedures to verify compliance with regulations, laws and related policies.
- Develops and maintains the official audit record of work documentation.
- Tests execution of internal controls over critical business processes and recommends cost-effective controls to address identified weaknesses.
- Maintain awareness of significant changes across the industry and university system and the potential impact on the established control environment.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Bachelors in Business, Accounting or related field and/or equivalent combination of education, experience training in a similar related field.
- Three (3) years of related auditing experience.
Professional certifications such as: CPA, CIA or CISA
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of auditing standards and practices, internal controls and business processes.
- Knowledge of project management principles.
- Knowledge of research methodologies.
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs.
- Knowledge of audit software and database applications.
- Knowledge of Board of Regents policies and procedures.
- Skill in reading, analyzing and interpreting accounting and technical journals, financial reports, legal documents and procedures manuals.
- Skill in collaborating with multiple constituents.
- Skill in decision making and problem solving.
- Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Ability to apply business knowledge and practical experience to the identification, analysis, and solution process.
- Demonstrated follow-up, coordination, and effective problem resolution skills.
- Ability to compose clear and concise audit reports and working papers.
- Knowledge of federal and state laws, rules and regulations impacting higher education.
- Ability to prioritize tasks in alignment with the priorities of the organization.
- Ability to respond diplomatically to sensitive and critical issues.