OPS Sterile Equipment Technician
Job no: 515431
Work type: Temp Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Health Profession
Department:34010306 - DN-STERILIZATION
Advertised: 06 Jan 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 21 Jan 2021 Eastern Standard Time
OPS Sterile Equipment TechnicianJob Description:
The College of Dentistry is recruiting for an OPS Sterile Equipment technician to inspect, clean, and sort dental instruments as well as package and sterilize clinical supplies.
- Collecting, tracking, and processing dirty instruments according to sterilization protocol.
- Disinfecting and sterilizing dental instruments for all UFCD dental students and the UFCD dental clinics: Replacing broken or missing instruments for UFCD dental students.
- Check bur blocks for burs that need to be replaced (either because of wear or because the bur has been discard); requires attention to very minute details.
- Recording incoming and outgoing instruments from students and departments.
- Oiling and maintaining instruments.
- Labeling and scanning.
- In-service training (updates, new sterilization techniques, and computer classes).
- Other duties as assigned.
$13-$14.00 per hourMinimum Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalentPreferred Qualifications:
- January-June the hours will be 7am-4pm Mon-Fri
- July-December the hours will be 9am-6pm
- Dental Assisting National Board certified dental assistant.
- Formal training in a dental assisting program.
- State of Florida expanded duties functions auxiliary certification.
- Some Saturday and Sundays for continuing education classes and Florida Dental Board Examinations (5 to 30 hours of overtime).
In order to be considered, please upload your cover letter and resume.
This is a time-limited position.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required: