Talent Management Student Graphic Designer
Job no: 515443
Work type: Temp Part-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Communications/Public Relations/Marketing, Advancement, Information Systems/Technology
Department:50010000 - AD-VP ADVANCEMENT
Advertised: 07 Jan 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 21 Jan 2021 Eastern Standard Time
STU AST-CLERICAL & ADMINJob Description:
TALENT MANAGEMENT STUDENT GRAPHIC DESIGNER
University of Florida Advancement is hiring a part-time (10-15 hours/week) Graphic Design Student Assistant to support the Talent Management team on a wide range of creative projects.
• Provide creative solutions to produce professional and innovative design-based content consistent for Talent Management, including but not limited to:
o Event invitations (print and digital).
o Event collateral, including signage, document templates, PPT templates, etc.
o Materials for training programs.
• Proof all designs for spelling, grammar and design consistency.
• Prepare all artwork for print.
• Maintain and organize database of marketing materials (working files, style guides, etc.).
• Attend Talent Management team meetings.
• Provide telephone coverage and customer service for the Talent Management office; Serve as a point of contact for all constituents of Talent Management; Serve as customer service contact for incoming phone calls for Talent Management.
• Responsible for preparing and proofing correspondence, documents and agendas, some of which may be confidential; make necessary edits for accuracy of content.
• Other clerical duties to include calendar scheduling, as assigned.
$15.00 per hourMinimum Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent and one year of appropriate experience.
- A valid Florida Driver License is required.
- A Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) criminal background check will be conducted.
- Professional presentation and demeanor is essential.
- Applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and a link to their portfolio or three examples of their work.
This position is open to all students who are eligible to work on campus and will be employed through student Other Personnel Services (OPS) and must maintain a 2.0 grade point average. Registered students are employed on a part-time basis, up to 20 hours per week.Preferred Qualifications:
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter who can work autonomously, take direction, and contribute ideas in a deadline-driven environment.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
Applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and a link to their portfolio or three examples of their work by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required: