Adjunct- School of Nursing
Posting Code: 494376
Work type: Faculty
Location: Boise, ID
Advertised: January 07, 2021
Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/boise-and-beyond/. Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion.
For more information on School of Nursing employment opportunities click here.Job Summary/Basic Function:
The Undergraduate Pre-Licensure program seeks candidates who are willing to work part time weekdays and are able to teach clinical sections of nursing skills or health assessment at the School’s on-campus skills lab and/or at community partners’ clinical settings. This is a prelicensure Bachelor’s Degree program.
Job Description: The Adjunct Faculty member in the Department of Nursing is responsible for teaching students in a designated area of specialization. S(he) attends orientation and team faculty meetings and has responsibility for determining grades for course requirements based on course objectives and criteria as defined in the course syllabus. S(he) works directly with faculty responsible for course.
**Adjunct faculty are not required to participate as a team member in shared governance, are not responsible for advising students and are not voting members of the School.Essential Functions:
- Demonstrates effective teaching
- Pursues scholarly activities. Can be demonstrated through current enrollment in Master of Nursing Education program.
- Participates in Program and School activities.
- Applies appropriate policies and regulations within the University, College, and School.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with others within the University, College, and School.
- Participates in activities promoting personal and professional educational growth.
- Maintains clinical expertise for teaching nursing.
- Serves as a professional role model for students.
- Apply appropriate teaching methods supported by evidence.
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science in Nursing required; Master’s Degree in Nursing preferred or higher.
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse in Idaho by starting date of employment.
- Demonstrates competence in specific clinical practice area, preferably with experience in medical/surgical.
- Teaching experience preferred.
Wage is based upon educational degree and number of credits taught.Required Application Materials:
Please complete the Adjunct Application From to submit you application material for consideration as an Adjunct Instructor with the School of Nursing at Boise State.
Teaching opportunities may become available throughout the academic year. Applications will be reviewed when openings occur, with no guarantees of being chosen to support the School of Nursing’s academic needs.