Laboratory Quality Assurance Coordinator
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2021-01-07
Title:1437-YN - Laboratory Quality Assurance Coordinator
Business Title:Laboratory Quality Assurance Coordinator
Employee Type:Admin. Professional
Job Family:Administrative Professional - OT Eligible
Summary of Duties:
The Quality Assurance Coordinator is responsible for working with the Quality Systems Manager, laboratory administration, and laboratory staff in administering the laboratory quality program, assisting the Quality Systems Manager in assuring that the quality system is implemented and followed at all times; working directly with Section Heads, Laboratory Managers/Supervisors and other employees concerning quality assurance; assisting in reviewing technical and administrative procedures to ensure that quality assurance and safety principles are included; assisting in revisions of the Quality Manual and quality procedures as necessary; assisting with internal auditing, and assisting in maintaining all appropriate records regarding implementation of quality control in WADDL. Eligibility and understanding of BSL-2 /BSL-3 laboratory safety guidelines and work environment is required.
A Bachelor’s degree in a program-related area AND three (3) years of relevant quality control experience. Any combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- Physical eligibility required for working in a BSL-2 and BSL-3 environment. See the following link for more information: https://www.cdc.gov/training/QuickLearns/biosafety/
- Experience with quality system programs including document control, corrective and preventive actions, control trend tracking, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel.
- MS or PhD in science related field and documented advanced quality assurance training and certification.
- Experience in quality control / quality assurance in a medical (animal health, public health, medical microbiology or equivalent) laboratory setting.
- Experience writing standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Experience with Q-pulse or other electronic quality management database system.
- Demonstrated ability enter data accurately into a database.
- Experience creating and formatting documents and forms as a pdf. Fundamental knowledge of Adobe Acrobat Professional, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal).
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Experience with AAVLD, ISO 17025, ISO 15189, CLIA, or equivalent laboratory requirements and accreditation.
- Experience with HIPPA requirements.
- Experience writing a quality systems manual and quality systems documents.
Monthly Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Position Term in months: 12
City, State, Zip: Pullman, WA, 99164
Department: WA Disease Diagnostic Laboratory (WADDL)
Department Link: https://waddl.vetmed.wsu.edu/
Background Check: This position has been designated to require a background check.
Posting Close Date: January 20, 2021
Special Instructions to Applicants: Applicants must attach the following documents to their online application: 1) resume and 2) cover letter.
Applicants are required to include contact information for at least three (3) professional references in the application
2) Cover letter
Time Type:Part time
Posting Close Date (If empty, open until filled):January 20, 2021
WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER. Members of ethnic minorities, women, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam-era, recently separated veterans, and other protected veteran, persons of disability and/or persons age 40 and over are encouraged to apply.
WSU employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized non-U.S. citizens. All new employees must show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
WSU is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resource Services: 509-335-4521 (v), Washington State TDD Relay Service: Voice Callers: 1-800-833-6384; TDD Callers: 1-800-833-6388, 509-335-1259(f), or email@example.com.