Creative Design Manager
Job location: University Campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-01-06
Job Description SummaryThe marketing department of Saint Leo University seeks a dynamic creative design manager who, under direction of the Director of Enrollment Marketing, will prove adept at conceiving and producing a variety of well-designed marketing materials for both print and digital. In addition, the designer will have the ability to create work that consistently fits within the form of the university’s branded style guide, and that engages/resonates with target audiences.Job Description
Duties and Tasks:
- Conceptualize and create marketing collateral material of the university- including, but not limited to- brochures, fliers, outdoor media, banner ads, social media display ads, website visuals, email templates, promotional materials
- Partner with writers and client stakeholders to produce impactful and compelling designs
- Execute a look and feel across all print and digital materials that accurately reflects the university’s brand
- Brainstorm creative concepts and designs with stakeholders across the university
- Assist with uploading photos and keywording metadata to digital asset management platform
- Adhere to branding guidelines and standards
- Performs related duties as required
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in Graphic Design or B.F.A. in Graphic & Interactive Communications or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience within an in-house marketing department or agency.
- Must provide a creative portfolio that includes both print and digital samples.
- Knowledge of graphic software: current version of the Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, and Acrobat
- Knowledge of Media Valet or similar program
- Knowledge of hand-coded HTML and CSS
- Proficiency in both Mac and PC operating systems
- Strong artistic sensibility
- Possess strong organization and prioritization skills
- Hands-on experience of print processes, color separation, color correction preferred
- Experience with Office 365: Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborate environment
- Ability to explain complex and abstract graphic processes in simplistic terms to client stakeholders
- Ability to research graphic design concepts and stay up-to-date on emerging trends
- Ability to manage multiple projects in various stages of design/production
- Ability to produce work product that meets project specifications and meets and/or exceeds client expectations
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas- visually and verbally
- Ability to complete assignments in a timely manner
- Ability to apply sound problem solving techniques to design challenges
- Desire to take on new projects and offer creative ideas and solutions
- Willingness to stay current with advances in technology
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term “qualified individual with a disability” means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various type of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description. The position is located at the main Saint Leo University campus in Saint Leo, Florida.