Assistant Professor of Marketing
Job location: University Campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-01-07
Job Description SummaryLocated in one of the nation’s fastest growing regions, Greater Tampa Bay area of Florida, Saint Leo University has been changing lives for more than 125 years. We have been recognized by the Chronicle of Education as a Great College to Work for and ranked in the top 15% in U.S. News & World Report’s 2018 list of Best Value Schools, and in the 32% of Best Colleges for Veterans. Employees at Saint Leo University advance their careers in a rewarding and diverse environment that cultivates the leaders of tomorrow with the skills they need today.
The ACBSP accredited Tapia College of Business (TCOB) is the largest College in the University with more than 8,000 students in five multidisciplinary departments with 80 full-time faculty and staff. TCOB offers degrees at the associate, bachelor, master, and doctoral level in a variety of formats: on-ground traditional residential campus, on-ground centers, online, and hybrid. TCOB pioneered the university’s first online doctoral program, the Doctorate in Business Administration (DBA) in 2014.
The Department of Communication and Marketing seeks well-qualified applicants for a full-time, tenure-track Assistant Professor with expertise in the field of Marketing to include digital marketing and/or sales management. Applicants will have demonstrated knowledge of or experience with a variety of marketing topic areas to include some or all of the following digital marketing and sales management areas: content marketing, social media strategy, SEO, conversation rate optimization, gamification, email marketing, influencer marketing, digital marketing metrics, artificial intelligence and marketing, Internet of Things (IoT), ad campaigns, sales management, personal selling and negotiations, data analysis for sales and marketing, retail management, consumer behavior, advertising and promotion, business-to-business marketing, and services marketing. The ideal applicant will have a strong entrepreneurial spirit.
The Department offers four undergraduate majors: communication, international hospitality management, marketing, and sport business. Additionally, the Department offers three specializations in the MBA program: marketing, social media marketing, and sport business. It has several student organizations including an active and award-winning AMA student chapter. The Department has nine full-time faculty, an associate chairperson, and a chairperson. The faculty pride themselves on their practice-oriented innovative teaching styles and inclusion of the University’s core values to keep their classes interesting, ethics-grounded, and engaging. The Department has an Industry Council with members representing marketing businesses from the greater Tampa Bay area. The Council enriches our curriculum and provides opportunities in and out of the classroom for marketing majors.
Well qualified teacher-scholar applicants who are innovative and collaborative are encouraged to apply. Marketing faculty teach at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. The faculty will have significant responsibility for teaching and advising marketing undergraduate and graduate programs. The faculty member must be committed to the educational mission and core values of Saint Leo University, which include a demonstrated commitment to excellence, community, and responsible stewardship in education through practice and engagement. The position is 9-month, based in Saint Leo, Florida. To be considered, candidates will have a Ph.D. or D.B.A. in marketing. A.B.D.'s with a clear plan for degree completion are also encouraged to apply.Job Description
Duties and Tasks:
- Teach undergraduate and graduate classes in marketing
- Support the development of online marketing undergraduate and graduate courses
- Teach traditional and non-traditional age students
- Teach on-ground and online
- Stay current in the field of marketing through research, certifications, and/or professional development
- Advise students
- Support program recruiting and retention efforts
- Support Departmental and TCOB initiatives
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Department Chairperson and/or Dean
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
A Doctorate degree in Marketing from a regionally accredited institution with credentials to teach Marketing courses at the undergraduate and graduate level per accreditation guidelines (minimum of 18 graduate semester credits in Marketing) is required. An expertise in digital marketing and/or sales management is preferred. A.B.D.'s with a clear plan for degree completion are also encouraged to apply.
- Implement active learning strategies
- Effectively use technologies to teach
- Utilize online learning management systems, preferably Brightspace (D2L).
- Utilize discipline-related computer programs, including digital marketing software and Salesforce.
- Engage the local business community and establish working relationships to benefit our students and curriculum
- Undertake community service in keeping with the University’s Benedictine values
- Communicate effectively
- Demonstrate professional development
- Interact and collaborate effectively with a diverse student and colleague community
- Willingness to take initiative and thrive in a dynamic environment
- Behave in keeping with Saint Leo University’s core values
In addition to your curriculum vitae, the following documents are required for consideration. Please be sure to check the email under which you applied for important instructions on completing the remaining steps, including uploading documents in the second step of the application packet process as follows:
- Cover Letter addressing fit for the described position
- Teaching Philosophy - (500 words or less) should highlight how your teaching philosophy and practices fit the Mission and Values of Saint Leo University.
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation – All letters of recommendation should be professional references and at least one (1) from a recent superior. If you do not have those documents at the time of application, please upload a text or word document stating, "Recommendations will be sent independently." Recommendation letters can be mailed to Academic Affairs at the address stated below
- Student Evaluations (six classes minimum) – Student evaluations from the last year (at least six classes, an even mix of graduate and undergraduate).
Official transcripts are required for all final full-time faculty candidates
Official transcripts for Master, Graduate, and Doctorate degrees are required to complete your application packet and are to be issued directly to Saint Leo University from the respective education institution.
Transcripts that are “Issued to Student” or issued to another institution are not accepted. Digital and/or electronic transcripts cannot be accepted at this time.
World Education Services (WES) Evaluation – A certified evaluation and translation from World Education Services (WES) is required for foreign transcripts and/or any and all degrees obtained from international universities. Expenses for official transcripts are the responsibility of the applicant.
Please have transcripts and certified evaluations and recommendations mailed to:
Attn: Veronica Mantegna Academic Affairs – MC 2006 Saint Leo University
PO Box 6665
Saint Leo, Florida 33574
Full-time faculty positions are pending final budget approval prior to the start of the academic year.
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term “qualified individual with a disability” means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
This job description intends to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student, and graduate success.