Administrative Assistant (temporary opportunity)
Job location: Coral Gables, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-01-07
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
Miami Herbert Business School, Health Management and Policy Center has a job opportunity for a temporary Administrative Assistant.
CORE JOB SUMMARY
The Administrative Assistant performs a variety of clerical functions and office support activities for the assigned department(s) to facilitate the efficient operations of the office.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
- Supports department and/or department leadership with daily clerical tasks.
- Prepares basic reports, charts, budgets and other presentation materials.
- Responds to routine inquiries from external or internal sources with standard correspondence or other messaging.
- Plans meetings and takes detailed minutes, as needed.
- Answers phone calls, provides information to callers or connects callers to appropriate staff.
- Schedules appointments and updates calendars.
- Makes travel arrangements and reservations for department leadership and staff, as needed.
- Composes and types correspondence, such as informative materials; creates spreadsheets and presentations.
- Greets and provides general support to visitors.
- Develops and maintains department filing system.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
High school diploma or equivalent
Minimum 1 year of relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- General knowledge of office procedures and operations.
- Ability to accurately prepare and maintain records, files, reports and correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
- Proficiency in computer software (i.e. Microsoft Office).
Department Specific Functions
The temporary Administrative Assistant will focus on the department’s annual Impact Conference on the Business of Health Care. The conference draws over 1500 registrants and the keynote speakers are the most influential individuals in the healthcare arena both nationally and globally. President Frenk has been directly involved each year since he joined the University. This conference is a signature event for the University. It is professionally produced and requires significant involvement. The conference is a major undertaking all year long and the next conference (virtual) will occur this spring and requires significant planning/coordination which is already underway. The individual in this position will also handle other Center related tasks such as advisory board meetings, guest speakers, and other events.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:TemporaryPay Grade:c103