Senior Administrative Officer
Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-01-06
Current Employees:If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Transforming LivesThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The UHealth Neurology department is seeking a Sr. Administrative Officer who will serve as the administrative leader and senior management advisor to the Chair and or other senior leadership within the organization. The primary responsibilities of this position are to generate, manage, and interpret strategic information; provide financial management and accountability for all Department resources; and provide administrative infrastructure to ensure organizational and department goals are achieved and faculty and staff thrive.
Department Specific Functions
The Senior Administrative Officer (SAO), Neurology, provides administrative oversight to ensure the smooth, efficient operation of the clinical, educational and research programs of the Department of Neurology. The SAO is responsible for the continued development and management of the Department including improving existing operations, maintaining fiscal responsibility and providing administrative support to all members and activities in the Department. This position requires a comprehensive understanding of the similarities and differences among related projects, as well as a broad knowledge of the clinical teaching, educational requirements, human resources policies, procedures and practices, research ethics, pertinent laws impacting each area, fiscal management and research administration. Strong organizational skills, ability to focus on multiple issues simultaneously, and strong leadership skills are required. The SAO will exercise excellent business acumen to direct departmental strategic and/or policy-setting decisions made in conjunction with the Department Chair, Executive Vice Chairs and Department's executive committee.
The above-mentioned core job functions provide the department specific functions for which the SAO will be responsible for achieving.
- Master’s degree in business or healthcare preferred. Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience and/or certifications may be considered.
- Minimum of 7 years related work experience in finance and health care, particularly an academic medical center, managing large and complex organizations, ideally including research administration
- Significant management experience in a faculty-driven environment.
- Experience in using computerized accounting and financial information systems.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to take administrative ownership for the Department and to gain the confidence of faculty, staff, leaders, colleagues, etc.
- Proven innovation and initiative to anticipate, develop, and implement new procedures, processes, and best practices.
- Proven ability to develop, analyze, organize, and execute project objectives to achieve organizational goals and implement strategic objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with people of diverse racial, cultural and ethnic identities, styles, beliefs, and functional responsibilities; treat everyone with respect and dignity.
- Proven ability to research, gather, and organize information to conceptualize concise reports using various resources.
- Excellent negotiation skills. Demonstrated counseling techniques with the ability to act as a facilitator, exercise diplomacy, professionalism, responsiveness, a high degree of flexibility, and resolve concerns and conflicts between individuals and among multiple members of a group in a fair and equitable manner.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:c111