Job location: Commerce TAMUC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-01-07
Job TitleEmployment CoordinatorAgencyTexas A&M University - CommerceDepartmentHuman Resources ManagementProposed Minimum SalaryCommensurateJob LocationCommerce, TexasJob TypeStaffJob Description
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process you have one opportunity to upload documents as a combined PDF. The page “My Experience” has an area provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload the file.
This one combined PDF must include:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts – If required for the position (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required at time of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered. Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
The Employment Coordinator supports the talent acquisition process by ensuring university community training and monitoring compliance with university hiring process requirements, adherence to state and federal (i.e. EEO) requirements, and coordinates successful use of the talent management system regarding user access, posting approvals and applicant submissions for staff, adjunct and faculty appointments for the University. This position is responsible for creating official employee personnel files in accordance with university, SACS as well as state and federal guidelines. This position will be an advocate and active practitioner of the Office of Human Resources Mission Statement, Values, and Commitments.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for providing support and assistance in one or more of the following functional areas: Employee Relations and Data Analytics, Total Rewards, Compensation, Classification and Talent Acquisition, Front Office, Onboarding, Student Hiring, Compliance, HRIS and Immigration.
- Represents HR Department while conducting training of search committees and/or Hiring Supervisors. Create instruction manuals and conduct campus wide talent management training.
- Guides and assists departments with the hiring process from beginning to finalization.
- Responsible for posting approved positions and advertising to ensure recruitment success and compliance with international criteria, and supporting diversity recruiting and other HR initiatives.
- Assists with reviews and approval of matrices, reference and interview questions and all other search materials to ensure compliance.
- Evaluates original transcripts and certificates (including degree verifications with outside agencies) to ensure potential new adjunct faculty qualify to teach courses in compliance with SACS criteria.
- Coordinates background checks, degree verifications and other required form completion by candidates.
- Coordinates the preparation, distribution and collection of appointment letters.
- Responsible for creating official employee personnel files in accordance with university, SACS as well as state and federal guidelines.
- Maintains extensive database and files regarding individual staff and/or faculty searches and results for compliance and use in reports and metrics analysis.
- Serves as a liaison and technical resource to customers by assisting applicants and departments with system questions and troubleshooting, advising employees on HR processes, procedures, and/or services.
- Assists in planning, developing, revising, and implementing human resources policies, procedures, and forms.
- Stays informed and up-to-date on trainings and follows internal HR Standard Operating Procedures, System and A&M-Commerce Rules, Policies and Procedures as well as State and Federal guidelines and stays proficient with the Human Resources Information System (HRIS) and internally used software and programs.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in applicable field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Three (3) years related experience. Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications. Knowledge of HR concepts, principles, and practices. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented.
- Ability to: Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others. Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: None
- Physical Requirements: None
- Other Requirements: None
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
Human Resources experience and/or knowledge in one or more of the following functional areas: Compensation and Classification, Talent Acquisition, Onboarding, Student Hiring, HRIS and/or Immigration. Higher Education experience. Society For Human Resource Management (SHRM) Certification and/or Human Resources Certification Institute (HRCI) Certification. Demonstrated working experience with Workday, Banner, Laserfiche.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
May supervise student workers and/or graduate assistants
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.