MEDICAL OFFICE MANAGER
MEDICAL OFFICE MANAGER
Posting Number: SRGV4832
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Rio Grande Valley
Department: School of Medicine / Clinical Affairs
Scope of Job:
Responsible for managing, planning and coordinating all of the assigned clinic administrative and operational functions associated with School of Medicine clinical practice at multiple sites. Responsible for day to day clinical, administrative and financial operations. Oversees operational quality, patient satisfaction, patient relations, personnel management, and inventory control for all current and future sites.
Description of Duties:
• Coordinates clinic operations and activities to ensure efficiency and quality service is delivered within all sections of the clinic; ensuring compliance with regulations and standards with day to day managing, planning and coordination at all sites.
• Manages non-clinical personnel. Objectively evaluates/documents performance of personnel and takes corrective action as appropriate.
• Works with administration to develop/modify/supply, personnel, capital equipment, and special program budgets.
• Monitors revenue and expense budgets on an on-going basis and takes appropriate action to ensure practice is within budget guidelines.
• Ensures appropriate information is gathered and transmitted in support of billing functions and assists with annual budget preparation.
• Serves as point of contact for patient and external customer complaints. Reconciles and investigates all complaints relating to practice operations.
• Manages office supplies and ensures the ordering of needed supplies to maintain inventory.
• Maintains documentation as required by regulatory agencies, policies, and procedures.
• Acts as member of the Business Development team to expand clinical sites for the School of Medicine and participates in all business development for clinical sites for the School of Medicine
• Coordinates maintenance and repairs of clinic area, equipment, and instruments.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree in Business or Healthcare Administration or related field from an accredited university.
Master of Business Administration or Master of Health Administration.
Four (4) years of experience in healthcare administration or closely related field.
Experience in financial and business development
Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required.
Exceptional planning and organizational skills. Effective management and supervisory skills. Excellent communication and collaboration skills. Acumen for business development.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 01/11/2021
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/27012
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency