Provides support for the ERP security environment. Works with functional areas and decision support specialists in support of specific security needs of their areas and the institution. Creates security profiles and grants access as required by functional areas. Creates, edits and maintains security classes as needed, and works with departments to do annual audits of employee security access. Work directly with programming staff on other systems including SQL and Active Directory.
1. Create new and enhance existing ERP security profiles to accommodate the needs of functional areas.
2. Manages the testing and implementation of ERP security profiles
3. Manage user requests for Colleague security.
4. Collaborates with Functional areas, Decision Support and Programming Services in creating new security profiles.
5. Trains users on Colleague security in either classroom environment or one on one.
6. Maintains and authorizes ERP security profiles and ensures that information security policies are adhered to and enforced.
7. Works with auditors on issues relating to ERP related security.
8. Works with users and Business Process consultants to improve departmental security efficiency.
9. Serves as representative on Information Technology and ERP committees.
10. Provides 1st line of support for ERP security related issues.
11. Knowledge of and ability to work with current object-oriented languages and other technologies as they relate to project development and/or maintenance of application systems.
12. Stay abreast of technological advances in Information Technology and how they relate to the application development and implementation of application systems.
13. Perform other duties assigned by the AVP, Information Systems.
EDUCATION: Bachelor of Science in Computer Systems; or equivalent experience, in the assessment of the AVP of Information Systems. Technical knowledge of hardware and software platforms; and system design.
EXPERIENCE: Three years of progressive responsibility in an education institution. . Experience with Ellucian (Colleague) and education systems is required.
KNOWLEDGE: In-depth knowledge of IS academic systems, System Development Life Cycle methodologies and Business Entities/Relationships.
SKILLS: Proficient in usage of Colleague and related, platforms. Understanding of object-oriented languages, t and SQL. Ability to interact with all levels of management, faculty, staff and students. Comprehensive understanding of information reporting and institutional business processes is required. Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities and requests.