GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the direction of the Principal Investigator or Designee, the Research Associate performs a variety of complex research experiments.
We are a young, dynamic group looking for highly motivated research associates (with Bachelor’s or Master's) to work on host genetics and viral interactions in Alzheimer’s Disease (AD). We develop inter-disciplinary methods including experimental techniques and technology development around hiPSCs from AD patients, as well as computational and statistical genetics/genomics methods development.
- Conducts in-depth analysis of research experiments
- Performs complex laboratory experiments
- Interprets data, forms conclusion, and decides on and plans next experiments to be done with a high degree of independence
- Compiles and analyzes data and performs computations using image analysis software, spreadsheets, graphing, and curve fitting software
- May modify protocols and be responsible for a single, independent research project
- Assists in writing the text of scientific publications and grants. Reviews literature
- Trains new laboratory personnel, students, and collaborators
- Maintains laboratory supplies and equipment
- Complies with all safety and infection control standards
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biological Sciences, or equivalent experience
- 1 year relevant research experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Strong ability to analyze complex visual data in a quantitative and objective manner
- Judgment and action skills required to solve commonly encountered problems
Under the direction of the Principal Investigator, or designee
May functionally supervise Lab Technicians and Aides
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Wet chemistry laboratory, and may require appropriate contact with biohazards, radionuclides, toxins, animals, and human specimens.Additional Information
- Experience in molecular biology, neurobiology, cell biology, interested in learning from, and working with computational biologists and quantitative geneticists
- Strong backgrounds in quantitative human genetics and genomics, bioinformatics or computational biology, interested in working with cutting edge experimental techniques and technologies