University StaffJob Type:
Chicago-Water Tower CampusDepartment Name:
GENERAL ACCOUNTING (04400C)Is this split and/or fully grant funded? :
NoDuties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and prepares various balance sheet account reconciliations and subsidiary ledger reconciliations to the General Ledger and works to resolve differences.
- Prepares and monitors the collection of various miscellaneous billings.
- Assists with month-end close, including the preparation of journal entries as assigned.
- Supports the development and implementation of accounting policies and procedures to ensure controls over transactional processing.
- Uses various software applications to assemble, manipulate and/or format data and/or reports.
- Works on periodic financial reports and analysis as necessary.
- Maintain the University’s Non-Resident Alien compliance software.
- Assist Tax Manager in completion of the annual Form 990 & Form 990-T filings.
- Prepare monthly tax returns for the state, county and local authorities.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University in accounting, business or related field along with zero to three years of experience is required.Qualifications:
Experience with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, Excel) a must. Experience with bank reconciliations desirable. Ability to prepare and review financial statements and perform selected analysis on financial statements. Knowledge of established accounting principles and practices is required. Must possess strong analytical, logical and problem-solving skills with the ability to provide business solutions to opportunities and challenges as they arise. Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills necessary to deal with various levels of management as the position requires consistent contact and follow up with individuals across the University for various projects. The candidate must be a self-starter for this reason. The position requires a detail-oriented individual with above-average organizational skills.Certificates/Credentials/Licenses:
CPA license preferred but not required.Computer Skills:
Experience with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, Excel) Must have high level of aptitude and skill with technology.Supervisory Responsibilities:
NoRequired operation of university owned vehicles:
01/06/2021Quick Link for Posting: