Assistant Varsity Coach, Swimming and Diving - Division of Intercollegiate Athletics (140988)
ASSISTANT VARSITY COACH, SWIMMING AND DIVING
DIVISION OF INTERCOLLEGIATE ATHLETICS
Illinois is a world leader in research, teaching, and public engagement. We serve the state, the nation, and the world by creating knowledge, preparing students for lives of impact, and addressing critical societal needs through the transfer and application of knowledge. Illinois is the place where we embrace difference. We embrace it because we value it. Illinois is especially interested in candidates who can contribute, through their research, teaching, and/or service, to the diversity and excellence of the Illinois community.
The Division of Intercollegiate Athletics at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign has an opening for a Assistant Varsity Coach, Swimming and Diving.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu.EEO.
STATEMENT OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teach specific position technique during practice to student–athletes.
- Collaborate with coaching staff on specific game play execution and teach the play to student-athletes.
- Coordinate video analysis with specific position to prepare for competition.
- Assist with gameday preparation for the overall team.
- Coordinate strength and conditioning and nutrition goals of student athlete with staff.
- Oversee student-athletes academic process.
- Work with the Swimming and Diving staff in the identification, evaluating and recruitment of student-athletes to the University of Illinois.
- Coordinate with coaching staff off season visits with future student-athletes.
- Maintain knowledge of, and compliance with, specific NCAA, Big Ten Conference, and institution rules that relate to this position.
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree
- Required: At least on year of intercollegiate or professional swimming/diving coaching experience
- Preferred: Division I level coaching experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of and compliance with, specific NCAA, Big Ten Conference, and institution rules that relate to this position is required
- Adherence to the Division of Intercollegiate Athletics Coaches Code of Conduct
- Possess public speaking skills essential for the promotion of the athletic program to the University community
Salary will be commensurate with experience
Include a statement with information such as the 100% time of appointment
PROPOSED START DATE
As soon as possibility after the closing date
For full consideration, please create your candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your (list required documents, such as resume, a cover letter, and the names and email addresses or phone numbers of three professional references, etc.) by January 19, 2021. All requested information must be submitted for your application to be considered.
For further information regarding application procedures, you may contact [email protected]
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. As a qualifying federal contractor, the University of Illinois System uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility. The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit Policy on Consideration of Sexual Misconduct in Prior Employment. The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
College Name or Administrative Unit:Division of Intercollegiate Athletics Category:5-Education and Student Services Title:Assistant Varsity Coach, Swimming and Diving - Division of Intercollegiate Athletics (140988) Open Date:01/06/2021 Close Date:01/20/2021 Organization Name:Intercollegiate Athletics