Associate Director of Learning Technologies, Title III HSI-STEM
Associate Director of Learning Technologies, Title III HSI-STEMPosition Type:
100Work Schedule (if atypical):
Monday through Friday 8 am- 5 pm, with occasional evenings and weekends.Job Description Summary:
The University of La Verne is a private not-for-profit university founded in 1891 located in La Verne, California. The core values that we live by are Ethical Reasoning, Diversity and Inclusivity, Lifelong Learning and Community and Civic Engagement.
If you’re passionate about these values, join us at University of La Verne!
- Collaborate with faculty and staff from within or connected to STEM disciplines and the Title III grant, assisting them in the development of technology for teaching and learning.
- Develop and lead training on a variety of instructional technology topics including media applications, content creation, and content delivery tools.
- Lead the research and development of innovative classroom design, effective uses of hardware, software, and technology practices.
- Determine best practices for the implementation of effective technology-enable instruction.
- Collaborate with Associate Dean of Learning, Innovation and Teaching to develop and implement policies related to university instructional technology advancement and develop project plans and oversee execution of technology-driven instructional initiatives.
- Support GPSS in program administration areas such as scheduling, budget, communications, event planning, trouble-shooting and problem solving.
- Lead collaborations with other units on strategic projects such as effective technology support for faculty, technology-enabled university marketing and advancement, enhancing services provided by student affairs, faculty development, liaising with key vendors, etc.
- Lead the offering of general teaching and learning support for faculty, including one-to-one and group consultations, just-in-time support, pre-designed workshops, and multi-day trainings.
- Coordinate with faculty and administration to ensure the University is advancing in the areas of technology enabled teaching.
- Actively pursue vendor contacts for advancements in the instructional technology landscape.
- Supervision of student instructional technology assistants and budget management.
- In collaboration with the Associate Dean of Learning, Innovation and Teaching, represent the University at networking events promoting advancements in educational technology.
- Associates degree in a related field from an accredited institution.
- 5 years broad experience working with technology in the context of curriculum design and delivery.
- 5 years experience working in higher education.
- 5 years experience effectively serving a diverse and geographically dispersed university community.
- 5 years direct experience with technology vendors and installers.
- Ability to collaborate with highly technical and academic groups.
- Strong knowledge of current technology trends, classroom design, and effective teaching practices.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
Excellent customer service and teamwork.
- Strong willingness to experiment with different ideas and technology.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher in a related field.
- 5 Year’s experience in technology related to online delivery, hybrid, and content development.
- Substantial employment experience in directly related areas may be considered in lieu of formal educational requirements.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and internal equity. Benefits include a comprehensive health and wellness plan, tuition remission program for employee, spouse, and dependent children, a generous contribution to the University’s 403B retirement plan, and a generous time off plan.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion and clearance of a background check and employment verification.
La Verne Central CampusPosting Number:
2018-190579SASpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Please note, temporary grant funded position with an end date of 9/30/2021.Open Until Filled: