Registered Nurse, Student Health Services
Registered Nurse, Student Health ServicesPosition Type:
100%Job Description Summary:
To provide medical services to our insured students within the scope of practice as a Registered Nurse.
The University of La Verne is a private not-for-profit university founded in 1891 located in La Verne, California. The core values that we live by are Ethical Reasoning, Diversity and Inclusivity, Lifelong Learning and Community and Civic Engagement.
If you’re passionate about these values, join us at the University of La Verne!Specific Duties:
- Provide primary care for students (illness, injuries and/or other health concerns)
- Triage patient’s medical needs/promote health maintenance and wellness through health screenings and counseling
- Assist our outsourced medical providers with various procedures
- Perform blood draws and prepare specimens for outsourced laboratory pick up, assist in administering COVID 19 testing and associated administrative tasks
- Perform EKG’s, breathing treatments, suture removal, etc.
- Prescribe and dispense over-the-counter medications; administer TB testing, flu vaccines and other vaccines, including allergy injections
- Prescribe and administer Emergency Contraceptive Pills/perform testing/counseling for STD’s following medical protocol
- Schedule appt’s and/or referrals, engage in providing telephone consultation & triage
- Prepare billing for insurance reimbursement
- Assist students with insurance related issues
- Prepare and maintain confidential medical records
- Maintenance of Student Health Services medical record requirements prior to admission
- Bachelor degree of Science in Registered Nursing from an accredited
- Active licensure in accordance with the Calif. Board of Registered Nursing
- Current CPR and First Aid certification
- IV Certification and/or recent experience
- 3-5 years of General/Family medicine expereince
- Knowledge of: laboratory equipment, medical diagnostic tools, ekg
machine, breathing machine, oxygen equipment, surgical instruments,
hypodermic needles, computer, fax machine/printer, typewriter, copy
machine, computer software/printer for laboratory entry/results etc.
- 1-2 years experience in Women’s Health
Salary will be commensurate with experience and internal equity. Benefits include a comprehensive health and wellness plan, tuition remission program for employee, spouse, and dependent children, a generous contribution to the University’s 403B retirement plan, and a generous time off plan.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion and clearance of a background check and employment verification.
La Verne Central CampusNumber of Vacancies:
2018-190700SAOpen Until Filled: