15-25%Work Schedule (if atypical):
After business hours and possible weekends.Job Description Summary:
The University of La Verne is a private not-for-profit university founded in 1891 located in La Verne, California. The core values that we live by are Ethical Reasoning, Diversity and Inclusivity, Lifelong Learning and Community and Civic Engagement.
If you’re passionate about these values, join us at the University of La Verne!
- Cleaning of offices and assigned classrooms at Point Mugu and Port Hueneme using general household cleaning solutions
Point Mugu Main Office:
- Vacuum, dust surfaces, wipe down counters in kitchen, sweep front entry, wash floors.
- Classrooms, Computer Store Room (portable carts) and Computer Lab: vacuum, dust, wipe down table surfaces and white boards.
Port Hueneme Office:
- Vacuum, dust surfaces, wipe down table tops and front entry way.
- Four times a year at both locations to coincide with term starts, deep clean classrooms.
- Wipe down chairs and tables, windowsills, white boards, and base boards
- Clean microwave oven and refrigerator, scrub sink and fixtures clean fans and computers, and all video carts located at Point Mugu. remove cobwebs.
- Shampoo carpets in offices; wax and buff computer lab floor and office kitchen.
- As needed, dispose of furniture, boxes, etc., report any discrepancies to office staff.
- ISSA Basic Certified Custodial Technician Certification
- GED/HS Diploma
- Military Base Access
- One year of janitorial services experience.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and internal equity. Benefits include a comprehensive health and wellness plan, tuition remission program for employee, spouse, and dependent children, a generous 10% contribution to the University’s 403B retirement plan, and a generous time off plan.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion and clearance of a background check and employment verification.
Point Mugu CampusPosting Number:
11/13/2019Open Until Filled: