Executive Assistant to the Dean
Executive Assistant to the DeanPosition Type:
100Work Schedule (if atypical):
8am – 5pmJob Description Summary:
To maintain a professional environment and provide high level administrative support in the Office of the Dean. Provide support to LaFetra College of Education faculty, staff, students, prospective students and other stakeholders.
The University of La Verne is a private not-for-profit university founded in 1891 located in La Verne, California. The core values that we live by are Ethical Reasoning, Diversity and Inclusivity, Lifelong Learning, and Community and Civic Engagement.
If you’re passionate about these values, join us at the University of La Verne!Specific Duties:
- Works autonomously in providing proactive support to the Dean’s office including anticipating operational and/or college wide logistical and/or administrative issues.
- Independently problem solves providing immediate viable solutions across the LaFetra College of Education as problems/issues/constraints arise
- Provides effective office leadership in overseeing student worker(s), delegating and prioritizing various tasks, projects, and other duties as needed ensuring quality completion of tasks/projects
- Works autonomously and confidentially to prioritize Dean’s Office administrative operations to avoid student attrition, enhance institutional knowledge and integrity while maintaining a positive environment promoting cohesiveness throughout the LFCE
- Unrestrictedly manages and maintain Dean’s calendar, including scheduling appointments with faculty, staff, students, donors, VIP executives and other stakeholders
- Communicate University guidelines, processes, and protocols to various stakeholders, including faculty, staff, students, prospective students.
- Answers in-bound phone calls, routes calls accordingly, takes detailed messages and greets LFCE faculty, adjunct faculty, staff and various stakeholders
- Create various spreadsheets, reports, and presentations using various software including Banner system and Microsoft Excel.
- Create and maintain various databases
- Prepare invoices, create reports, draft memorandums and letters on behalf of the Dean’s Office in a timely manner
- Accurately process purchase orders, pay advices, expense reports, transfer of funds, and assist with restricted funds account tracking
- Arrange all domestic and international travel arrangements, including air flight and hotel accommodations for LFCE Dean and Associate Dean(s), guests of the college and prospective faculty traveling to the college for recruitment purposes
- Create, develop, and maintain confidential personnel files and various other record keeping for all LFCE faculty and staff.
- In conjunction with the Assistant Dean, maintain a record keeping system for tracking vacation and sick leave for classified and administrative staff
- Assist Dean with monitoring budget expenditures and compile budget and expense reports. Assist with preparations of CCTC, CAEP and other continuous improvements documentation
- Reserve classroom space and various university rooms for meetings, events, and/or conferences.
- Schedule all Program Chair meetings and retreats. Orders catering for various meetings, conferences, and various on/off campus events
- Maintains confidentiality of LFCE information, student records, staff and faculty records.
- Maintain a positive work environment through appropriate communication with colleagues; work collaboratively toward staff / LFCE college goals; attend staff meetings and trainings; cross-train and provide office coverage as needed. Create and work towards professional goals as developed with supervisor.
- AA Degree
- Minimum 3 years’ of administrative experience in a service-oriented environment, preferably in higher education
- Minimum 3 years’ of administrative and clerical procedures in a busy office setting
- Minimum 3 years’ experience meeting quality standards of student or customer service
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word
processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing support to students, faculty and
- Time management and organizational skills; detail oriented skills
- Critical thinking skills, including using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths
and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Performing day-to-day administrative tasks such as communicating information and
- Knowledge and skill in using Banner to retrieve student records, process overrides, and look up information
- Knowledge and skill in using advanced Office Suite functions
Salary will be commensurate with experience and internal equity. Benefits include a comprehensive health and wellness plan, tuition remission program for employee, spouse, and dependent children, a generous contribution to the University’s 403B retirement plan, and a generous time off plan.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion and clearance of a background check and employment verification.Location:
La Verne Central CampusNumber of Vacancies:
2018-190675SAOpen Until Filled: