HRIS Analyst - FLAC
HRIS Analyst - FLACPosition Type:
100%Job Description Summary:
The HRIS Analyst leads all aspects of HR information systems and technology solutions primarily for the Office of Human Resources Project Manager and Direct of Business Analytics. This position works collaboratively with peer HRIS Analyst and other teams within the Office of Human Resources (Payroll, Benefits, Compensation, etc.). The primary focus of this position is to provide technology solutions to the department’s needs, manage the input and output of information, and ensure data integrity throughout the various systems used by the department and the University, especially Banner (HRMS). This position’s focus is to provide reporting and dashboard solutions to the HR and University leadership groups for compliance, planning, and board-related purposes. The incumbent will also work closely with the Faculty Relations Liaison, who manages Banner’s Faculty Load and Compensation (FLAC) module to provide faculty data analytics solutions.
This position co-leads all improvement and upgrading initiatives of our current HR systems, coordinates system integration initiatives and plans, develops and maintains data auditing processes, conducts rigorous data audits, creates/updates and provides reports to the department and the University, and develops and maintains the department’s portal and website. A successful HRIS Analyst in this role will have a broad and solid understanding of HR functions including Payroll, Benefits, Talent Management, etc., is able to translate business requirements into technical specifications, and is able to effectively and collaboratively partner with colleagues within the Office of Human Resources and the Office of Information Technology (OIT).
This position reports to the Human Resources Project Manager.
The University of La Verne is a private not-for-profit university founded in 1891 located in La Verne, California. The core values that we live by are Ethical Reasoning, Diversity and Inclusivity, Lifelong Learning and Community and Civic Engagement.
If you’re passionate about these values, join us at the University of La Verne!Specific Duties:
- Serve as the project co-lead, along with peer HRIS Analyst, on the annual reclassification process by ensuring that both our HRMS system (Banner) and our data are ready and accurate for this process. Collaborate with Payroll, Finance, Talent Management, Total Rewards, etc. to ensure the data collected and data prepared is accurate and that the overall process is assessed in conjunction with compensation and reclassification policies in a timely manner. Seek to improve the process on a continuous basis.
- Serve as the technical expert on Banner (HR Module) and all other systems used by the department to collect and store employment data, including but not limited to PeopleAdmin (ATS), Everfi/LawRoom, ReviewSnap, Self-Service Portal, Banner’s FLAC, etc.
- Coordinate any system updates/upgrades with OIT or vendor(s) to ensure proper and timely communication of those updates/upgrades is sent, testing, and implementation efforts of such updates/upgrades, monitor, and troubleshoot post-implementation. Seek to find strategies for integration between systems and/or researches for ways to streamline the data input and output between systems to reduce duplication of efforts and duplicate data entry. Lead all integration initiatives and projects from beginning to end, including researching potential vendors, reviewing proposals, and making recommendations.
- Develop and update HRIS SOPs that define and document data terminology, data sources, and training aids for certain processes (issued by Ellucian/Banner). Works very closely with Ellucian consultant(s) to update and improve our utilization of the system to reduce paper-driven manual processes.
- Provide troubleshooting assistance to colleagues in the department with HR specific data and processes issues and escalate more complex issues as needed to OIT or Ellucian.
- Create and update reports in Cognos to provide employment data (staff, faculty, adjuncts, student employment, temporary employment) to various constituents in the organization and their specific data needs (i.e., WASC, IPEDS, etc). Respond to report requests from the organization, ensuring the data is accurate and transmitted confidentially to the appropriate parties. Develops standard reports (staff, faculty, adjuncts, student employment, temporary employment) for frequent use by various users and departments. Recommend and develop metrics to help assess quantify the cost, performance, and the impact of employee programs and HR processes and measure the ROI of HR initiatives.
- Run monthly onboarding and off-boarding reports to ensure that new hires are properly set up, and separated employees are properly deactivated in all of our systems; may need to work with OIT, Payroll, Facilities, Benefits, hiring managers, and others to ensure smooth onboarding/off-boarding.
- Create an audit review process to ensure compliance of our electronic and paper data and transmission of sensitive employment data to/from HR. Work with Information Safety Officer to ensure our data security is in compliance with GDPR and CCPA requirements. Conduct monthly, semester-based, and annual audits on employment data and personnel files to ensure compliance on all aspects of employment information including but not limited to data sources, storage, and purge (in accordance to state and federal regulations). Report audit findings and make recommendations to the Associate Director, Talent Management for corrections and improvements to our processes.
- Run semester-based reports specifically for adjuncts and student employees to ensure training requirements are met.
Web Content and HR Portal:
- Manage all web content updates for the department’s web pages and HR Portal, including but not limited to creating/updating general content and monitoring/tracking activity. Collaborate with department leaders to obtain specific content for their areas and update as necessary (Payroll, Talent Management, Training & Development, etc)
- Serve as a primary point of contact to send mass email communications to staff and faculty groups. Use discretion to determine if HR or University leadership review and/or approval is needed.
- Approve Phone Book and Online Directory changes (legal name, contact info, title, etc). Work with OIT and Marketing to ensure the Phone Book and Online Directory are up to date and that the appropriate transfer of data occurs between these departments.
- Participate in committees and University groups designed to address data needs, challenges, and trends.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Represents functional area(s) and system(s) in use by the University in terms of data.
- Makes recommendation(s) on role-appropriate security, as well as audits access on a frequent basis for their respective system(s).
- Accountable for timely, comprehensive, and complete testing of patches, upgrades, updates, and enhancements to the system(s) under their care.
- Serves as an advisor to the data governance process, specifically the data champions (or equivalent).
- Responsible for data integrity and cleanliness, work to correct data entry errors and implement best practices. Prior to implementation, makes recommendations for new business practices improvements to data champions (or equivalent).
- Actively manages all written procedures, practice, and other documents related to system(s) usage and data of said system(s).
- Increases knowledge and functional expertise in the system(s) in which they operate.
- Implements recommendations(s) from data champions (or equivalent).
- Acts as a change agent and leads respective functional areas in the proper implementation and usage of data standards and tools.
- Associate’s Degree
- 3-5 Advanced knowledge and experience with human capital management and applicant tracking systems as well as other systems supporting HR functions (Payroll, Benefit Administration, and Learning Management systems, etc).
- 3-5 years of advanced experience creating reports with Cognos or similar reporting software tool
- 2-3 years of advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Vizio); particularly of Microsoft Excel
- 3-5 years of demonstrated proficiency connecting business requirements, IT/HR solutions and compliance with best practice solutions
- 3-5 years of functional knowledge of HR (Compensation, Benefits, Talent Management, Payroll, Compliance, etc)
- Interest in or knowledge of Project Management frameworks and methodologies (1-2 years)
- Interest in or knowledge of intranet and WordPress (or similar web content platform) (1-2 years)
- Strong analytical, critical thinking skills with the ability to identify and problem solve quickly with a variety of issues
- Investigative, curious, and creative approach to problem-solving
- Intrinsically Motivated: diligent, self-directed with a great sense of urgency and initiative to seek solutions and/or make recommendations
- Extreme attention to detail while handling interruptions and competing priorities
- Able to learn quickly and apply new knowledge, technology solutions, and successful trends
- Able to work independently, comfortable with ambiguity, and able to collaborate with internal and external contributors
- Accountability for data integrity, including quality, accuracy, timeliness, and reporting, is essential.
- Must demonstrate a high level of confidentiality and professionalism
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and needs
- Bachelor’s Degree, from an accredited college or University, in Business Management, HR Management, Information Systems or related field
- IHRIM (International Association for HR Information Management) Certification a plus
- Banner experience preferred
- Some knowledge of SQL and/or experience with other database tool is a plus
- HRIS experience in higher education is a plus
- Familiarity with Banner and/or Banner’s FLAC
Salary will be commensurate with experience and internal equity. Benefits include a comprehensive health and wellness plan, tuition remission program for employee, spouse, and dependent children, a generous contribution to the University’s 403B retirement plan, and a generous time off plan.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion and clearance of a background check and employment verification.Location:
La Verne Central CampusNumber of Vacancies:
2018-190661SAOpen Until Filled: