Field Experience Supervisor
Field Experience SupervisorPosition Type:
Temporary less than 6 monthsFTE %:
35%Work Schedule (if atypical):
10-15 hours each week during the 10-week term.Job Description Summary:
The Field Experience Supervisor provides support and guidance to LFCE teaching credential candidates working in a TK-12 classroom setting completing practicum hours, intern hours, or student teaching hours, throughout the Teacher Education or Inclusive Education program. The Field Experience Supervisor will observe candidates, evaluate their performance, and provide constructive feedback.
The University of La Verne is a private not-for-profit university founded in 1891 located in La Verne, California. The core values that we live by are Ethical Reasoning, Diversity and Inclusivity, Lifelong Learning and Community and Civic Engagement.
If you’re passionate about these values, join us at the University of La Verne!Specific Duties:
- Observe teaching credential candidates in TK-12 classrooms and online settings. Evaluate candidate’s performance and provide constructive feedback. Complete observation form and email feedback of observation to student and fieldwork department in a timely manner. Complete and submit final student evaluations in a timely manner.
- Communication: Communicate on a regular basis with school-site support supervisor/provider and school-site administrator regarding candidate’s performance, progress and concerns as they arise. Maintain good communication with LFCE students, faculty, staff, and established fieldwork sites representatives. Use various modes of communication; email, video chat, phone, text, etc.
- Review and provide feedback for student lesson plans and portfolio. Provide suggestions and resources as needed.
- Use effective mentoring strategies that are appropriate for students with diverse educational and experiential backgrounds and learning styles. Knowledge of classroom setting: pedagogical skills, content knowledge, behavior management, social-emotional learning, etc.
- Utilize technology-based teaching and communication platforms to support candidates and program standards. Be willing to learn advanced technology to support the student observation process and virtual teaching/ learning; some example include Google Classroom, Zoom, WebEx, etc. Must have access to technology.
- Requires traveling to different school sites. Must provide own transportation and automobile insurance.
- Attend fieldwork supervision training and development workshops.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree
- Valid Clear California Teaching Credential with an English Learner Authorization: Multiple Subject, Single Subject, or Special Education: Mild/Moderate
- Valid CA Driver’s license
- At least three years of successful elementary or secondary teaching experience
- Experience working with diverse student populations including English learners
- Experience in teaching and/or working with adult learners
- Knowledge of the California standards for the teaching profession
- Basic technology skills: completing online forms, scanning/emailing attachments
- Experience with online collaboration tools such as Google Classroom, Web Ex, Zoom
Salary will be commensurate with experience and internal equity. Benefits include a comprehensive health and wellness plan, tuition remission program for employee, spouse, and dependent children, a generous contribution to the University’s 403B retirement plan, and a generous time off plan.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion and clearance of a background check and employment verification.
Kern County CampusNumber of Vacancies:
2018-190701SAOpen Until Filled: