Associate Provost for Online Learning
Reporting to the Provost, the Associate Provost for Online Learning is responsible for overseeing university-level online learning initiatives. In that capacity, the Associate Provost acts innovatively to grow and develop university-wide programs that serve undergraduate and graduate students, provide insight and support for the University's learning management system, and participate in the oversight, development and implementation of academic policies and procedures. The Associate Provost works closely with the Provost, Deans Council and other faculty and administrators to advance appropriate standards with regard to admissions and transfer policies, curriculum development, orientation programming, and faculty evaluation and development. The Associate Provost is expected to maintain strong relationship with campus stakeholders and participates on the Deans Council to develop a fully integrated online footprint that meets the quality and academic rigor expectations of Husson University and appropriate accreditors.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Serves the mission of the University by working productively with faculty, staff, and administration to create a climate that promotes student-centered online learning initiatives;
2. Coordinates and manages the online learning budget and makes recommendations with regard to financial needs in support sustainable online programming;
3. Provides vision and leadership in the integration of technology to enhance learning in all areas of instruction;
4. Works with the Assessment Department on initiatives focused on accreditation and the implementation of learning outcomes assessment;
5. Works collaboratively with marketing, admissions, finance, and student success leaders to develop environment and relevant goals for online programs.
6. Supports University general education requirements and promotes undergraduate and graduate student learning outcomes;
7. Directs and supervises the online support team that provides assistance in course design and instructional technology training for faculty teaching and instructional division support staff;
8. Coordinates staffing and the effective delivery of all programs, courses, and certificates offered via electronic and/or computer based modes of instruction;
9. Responsible for collaborating with the campus community to evaluate, enhance, and maintain academic policies and standards of best practices that support all modalities of learning;
10. Collaborate with Deans and chairs to oversee the program review and revision process for on-line learning, using student outcomes data;
11. Remain current with regional and national developments in online and post traditional education and updates faculty and staff on these developments through courses, workshops and individual training.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Terminal degree from a regionally accredited college or university preferred;
• Five years of higher education teaching experience including modes such as computer delivered instruction; internet based instruction; mobile learning, instructional television; and two-way audio, two-way video teleconferencing or equivalent experience;
• Five years of progressively responsible administrative experience;
• Experience implementing and supervising online learning initiatives;
• Demonstrated experience with one or more of the major LMS systems, preferably Canvas;
• Strong work ethic with demonstrated collaborative and organizational skills;
• Excellent communicator in both oral and written communication;
• Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.