Regional Admissions Advisor
Regional Admissions AdvisorPosting Number:
Regional Admissions AdvisorWorking Title:
Regional Admissions AdvisorClassification Code:
1329RCW Exemption Criteria:
13 - Counseling of StudentsEWU Position Number:
Non-ExemptBargaining Unit :
PSE% Full Time:
100Salary / Wage Range:
PS - 104Salary Information:
$38,501Anticipated Start Date:
02/15/2021Term of Appointment:
Yes - BothResponsible HR User:
Saundra GodinResponsible HR User Email address:
We are currently seeking skilled and team-oriented applicants for the following position: Regional Admissions Advisor
Responsible for recruitment of prospective students for Eastern Washington University through territory management, travel, prospective student communication, admissions presentations, and file review. Reports to the Assistant Director of Recruitment.
- Territory consists of, yet not limited to, Benton, Franklin, Grant, and Walla Walla Counties as well as the out of state territory of eastern Oregon.
The candidate selected for this position will be rewarded with competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package which includes highly subsidized health/dental plans, retirement plan with 100% university match, generous paid vacation and sick leave, 11 paid holidays (adjusted accordingly), tuition waiver benefit and more!
EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning.About Eastern Washington University:
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to our primary campus in Cheney, we also offer programs in Spokane’s innovative University-District, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.Diversity Statement:
EWU does not discriminate in its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship or immigration status, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, age, marital status, families with children, protected veteran or military status, HIV or hepatitis C, status as a mother breastfeeding her child, or the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability, as provided for and to the extent required by state and federal laws.Conditions of Employment:
- Dedicated space for Regional office within one’s home based in Benton, Franklin, or Walla Walla County
- Ability to be flexible regarding travel and working non-traditional hours, including weekends, when necessary including travel within territory, away from Regional office
- Position works from a home office; EWU will provide university laptop, internet connection, and other office equipment needed for performance of job duties.
This position, during the course of university employment will be involved in the receipt of, or accountability for, university funds or other items of value, as well as the unsupervised access with the developmentally disabled, vulnerable adults or children under the age of 16. The offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion and passing of a background check prior to beginning employment.
This position is covered by the Public School Employees’ Collective Bargaining Agreement.Physical Demands :
Optional: Contact Saundra Godin in Human Resources at [email protected] to obtain a copy of the Essential Functions Analysis which will describe conditions of employment, such as physical demands.
- Position requires some physical work, lifting boxes and set up of booth displays
NoHearing Test :
NoMedical Monitoring Post Hire :
NoProtective Equipment :
None anticipatedRequired Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Bilingual ability (Spanish preferred);
- Ability to participate in evening and weekend events;
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities, pay attention to detail and produce desired results;
- Ability to understand and apply applicable rules, regulations, policies, and procedures regarding transfer admission and records management;
- Ability to work independently and as a member of an integrated team;
- Capacity to effectively address diverse constituencies;
- Advanced computer skills that include Microsoft Office Suite and SCT Banner (or equivalent);
- Proficient user of laptop computer, projector, text messaging and cell phone; and
- Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency and/or diversity.
- Knowledge and understanding of Eastern Washington University;
- Previous work experience in admissions, recruitment or student advising;
- Demonstrated ability to manage programs from planning through implementation to completion;
- Experience using a customer relationship management system (CRM)
- Ability to communicate in a clear, friendly and effective manner both orally and in writing
- Ability to be flexible regarding travel and working non-traditional hours, including weekends, when necessary including travel within territory, away from Regional office;
- Position requires some physical work, lifting boxes and set up of booth displays;
Position requires employee to have a *home office in Benton, Franklin, or Walla Walla County.
- 8am-5pm, evening and weekend hours at times;
- Ability to be flexible regarding travel and working non-traditional hours, including weekends, when necessary including travel within territory, away from Regional office.
01/06/2021Open Until Further Notice:
01/13/2021Screening to Begin:
01/05/2021Special Instructions to Applicants:
It is strongly recommended that you print a copy of these instructions and the position posting before you begin to complete the online application, as the instructions will not be viewable once you begin the application process.
- Attach a detailed cover letter in which you explain how you meet each of the required qualifications [and preferred qualifications, if applicable]. It is preferred that you provide that information in a bulleted list or within a table within your cover letter.
- Attach a chronological resume including work history and major duties, education, and any specialized training or skills related to the position. Please list at least 3 professional references including: names, titles, organization name, phone numbers, email addresses, and connection to you (these can be identical to the references listed on the application).
- Complete the online application form and respond to the online questions, if applicable.
- Applicant Certification – please download the Certification form (link is provided in the next field); then complete and sign the form, and upload it to this link.
- Diversity Response – As an equal opportunity employer with a multicultural staff and student population, we are interested in how your qualifications prepare you to work with diverse faculty, staff, and student populations representing various cultures and backgrounds that may be different from your own. You will be asked to attach a diversity response as part of the online application process: Please describe how you will apply an approach that is supportive to the diverse needs, including universal access, of our students, faculty, staff, and the public.
Pursuant to RCW 28B.112.080, applicants for employment at any Washington State institution of higher education, are required to provide a signed statement verifying information about their history of prior sexual misconduct and providing authorization for current and previous employers to disclose relevant records to Eastern Washington University.
All applicants are required to download the statement linked below, complete and sign it, and then attach the signed statement as part of their job application: Required Applicant Certification.
Attach the completed and signed certification to the document link called Applicant Certification.
Application% of Time:
60Responsibility / Duty:
Coordinate recruitment and outreach utilizing best practices in territory management:
- Travel where designated to represent the University and support recruiting efforts;
- Conduct recruitment visits to high schools, community colleges, community organizations and other recruitment venues;
- Maintain strong relationships with students and families from eastern Oregon and manage the territory with customized support;
- Develop and maintain cooperative relationships with guidance counselors, community organizations and agencies, and other key influencers;
- Maintain contact with prospective students, school personnel, families, etc. and make referrals as necessary given the specific needs of students;
- Advise prospective students, school personnel and families on processes/policies relating to application, admissions, financial aid, and academics;
- Develop strategies and approaches for accomplishing programmatic goals and objectives related to early outreach;
- Develop methods and strategies for recruiting traditional and under-represented students to Eastern;
- Coordinate recruitment activities & participation of other departments, faculty, student services, enrollment management, etc.;
- Perform outreach activities; participate in events; serve as university liaison; disseminate university information;
- Assist with on-campus and off-campus recruitment events including the information sessions, fall open house, spring yield events;
- Maintain and document regular monthly contact and achieve contact goals with applicants, primarily via phone, but also via e-mail or letter to assist with the application process and provide information as required;
- Maintain campus visit student database for information tracking of prospective students to disseminate to recruitment staff members;
- Produces follow-up reports regarding recruitment activities and future plans, and accurately forecast projected new students on a periodic basis, and
- Analyze yearly activity and use data to plan travel for the following years based on review for the successful management of specified recruitment territory.
Yes% of Time:
40Responsibility / Duty:
Provide processing and administrative support to the project management and record management operations within the Office of Admissions:
- Advise students and key influencers on admission and financial aid status and processes;
- Evaluate new student credentials adhering to university admissions policies;
- Evaluate student admission applications to determine their ability to succeed using research based assessment tools;
- Updates and maintains inquiry databases, applicant databases, CRM, and other communication platforms, and prepares weekly and monthly activity reports as requested;
- Maintain technological skills necessary for file review, admissions processing, and strategic territory management;
- Interpret WSAC and NACAC policies in making admissions decisions;
- Utilize national best practices related to holistic admissions review;
- Advise supervisor on issues and concerns of students or of departments;
- Analyze data and assess programs/projects; develop reports and proposals to enhance early outreach programs;
- Represent EWU at conferences and other professional events; participate in networks, org’s, activities;
- Advise supervisor on issues and concerns of students or of departments;
- Analyze and assess programs/projects; develop reports and proposal to enhance early outreach programs; and
- Assist with specialized admissions projects.