Administrative Assistant, Womens Basketball
Administrative Assistant, Womens Basketball
Job Number: 88137
Administrative Assistant, Women's Basketball Job Posting
Stanford's Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation:
Stanford's Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation (“DAPER”) is the premier intercollegiate athletics program in the country. We are the proud Home of Champions! We lead the nation with 126 NCAA championship titles, completed an unprecedented sweep of both the men's and women's Capital One Cups, and have brought home the Learfield Director's Cup for 25 straight years. We support nearly 900 student-athletes who compete on 36 intercollegiate athletics teams and also support the University's physical education, recreation and wellness initiatives. Our dedicated staff embody a culture of excellence, embrace our mission of scholar-athleticism and exemplify a relentless championship spirit. Our actions and staff are guided by the core tenets of the Athletics Department culture, “The DAPER Way,” which are: Embrace Scholar-Athleticism, Pursue and Revere Excellence, Lead with Courage and Work Cohesively.
Are you ready to inspire champions? If yes, then this may be the right opportunity for you!
Stanford University seeks a qualified individual for the full-time position of Administrative Assistant for Women's Basketball. This position will work under the primary direction of the Assistant Athletic Director/Director of Women's Basketball Operations, with additional reporting responsibilities to the Financial Analyst for Sports Programs.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for initiating and monitoring all financial transactions related to the Women's Basketball program. These transactions include advances, reimbursements, other checks, requisitions, journals, p-card transactions, travel card transactions, petty cash and deposits. In addition, the Administrative Assistant will perform other financial functions for the program such as reconciling and reporting. The Administrative Assistant will also provide administrative support in all aspects for all program staff. The position must have a clear understanding of university policies and procedures and NCAA regulations to assure responsible decisions concerning the business of an intercollegiate basketball program.
Essential job functions:
Accounting and Finance
- Initiate financial transactions for the Women's Basketball program using correct transaction type; incorporate complete business description; use correct account, expense type, approval routing, and tax treatment; attach complete and correct backup information.
- Know/learn the business of the Women's Basketball program and anticipate expenses.
- Monitor and follow up on transactions with internal and external vendors, DAPER administrators and coaches, University accounts payable, travel and reimbursement, procurement, etc. to ensure all transactions are fully completed in a timely manner. Proactively investigate unusual items.
- Resolve problems with vendors, coaches and administrators, central University units, etc. Understand when and to what level to escalate issues.
- Assistant to the Camp Director for Women's Basketball Summer Camp program
- Answer questions regarding expense details as requested, including running reports. Maintain supplemental budget tracking tools as requested by coaches and administrators.
- Assist with general analysis of DAPER expenditures, including preparing periodic reports.
Women's Basketball Office
- Ensure all initial contact is appropriately directed and professionally handled.
- Oversee all aspects of office functionality by identifying resources necessary to continue business efficiency of program, including but not limited to maintenance of office equipment and scheduling university ITSS service for all computer or communication related problems.
- Provide support to all coaches and administrative staff; support includes but is not limited to screening phone calls and mail, reconciling recruiting expenses, monitoring all business details of program.
- Assist Head Women's Basketball Coach with recruiting and travel details
- Prepare requisitions for visiting team guarantee checks.
- Assist Director of Operations and travel agent in all aspects of team travel.
- Assist Assistant Coaches with management of recruiting database.
- Basic understanding of finance and accounting principles.
- Understanding of the University's financial systems (Oracle Financials) or other similar systems, preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills, good written and verbal communication skills, and a customer service orientation.
- Sound judgment and attention to detail in all facets of the job.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and operate in a busy work environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel.
Education & Experience:
High school diploma and three years of administrative experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl
This position, along with all DAPER coaches and staff, is responsible for the integrity of Stanford's intercollegiate athletics program and for the reputation of Stanford University. This position is responsible for assuring that his/her involvement with Athletics Department activities maintains the integrity of the University's reputation and does not negatively impact the relationship between the University and its faculty, staff, students and alumni. Additionally, this position must comply with University policies and procedures, NCAA and Pac-12 rules and regulations.
Why Stanford is for you:
Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4102
- Employee Status: Fixed-Term
- Grade: E
- Requisition ID: 88137
Location: Athletics, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency