University of South Carolina Upstate
The USC Upstate Network Administrator is responsible for the entire management lifecycle of the network and networking based-services infrastructure. This includes, but is not limited to: network capacity planning, network design (LAN/WAN), hardware and software maintenance, ongoing network configuration management, and ownership of all networking and related hardware-routers, switches, wireless, firewalls and traffic management devices in all facilities owned and operated by the University of South Carolina Upstate.
- Maintains all network infrastructure devices that interconnect all locations and the internet, including switching, routing and security devices across LAN/WAN topologies.
- Manages the implementation, configuration and maintenance all voice hardware and software including but not limited to Cisco VoIP and Unified Communications.
- Responsible for the ongoing configuration, maintenance and support all wireless access points and controllers and ensure high levels of service.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance documentation, standards, guidelines and procedures related to the voice, video and data network.
- For network development projects, Develops plans, implements and maintains including evaluating and recommending new technology and working with vendors.
- Monitor network activity, traffic and services and assist in troubleshooting related problems.
- Serve as backup for the installation, administration and maintenance of all networking operating systems, servers and applications including Microsoft Active Directory and Microsoft O365.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology Systems or related field and 3 years related work experience or high school diploma and 7 years related work experience; or equivalency. A successful background check is required. Experience designing and operating networks using routing protocols such as BGP, EIGRP, and static routing. Extensive experience installing, configuring and maintaining Cisco routers and switches. Experience with network management applications and related protocols such as SNMP and Netflow. Experience with Cisco based VoIP infrastructure implementation and configuration. Experience with wireless networking technologies and the configuration and management of Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers. Experience with IP Address space management. Experience configuring and managing Cisco ASA firewalls. Experience with network scanning tools such as Nessus, Retina, Wireshark, etc. Experience configuring a data center to support the requirements of SANs and Virtual Servers/Desktops.
Apply online at https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/92438
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.