Events Coordinator, Intermediate
Job Title: Events Coordinator, Intermediate
Location: Civil Eng, Const Mgt & Env Eng
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 605175
NAU is a community devoted to student success and sustained by an unshakable commitment to our shared mission, vision, and values. We—faculty, staff, and administrators—thrive by combining our efforts and working side by side to further NAU’s culture of excellence.
- This position is subject to the availability of funding. The incumbent is not eligible for Service Professional non-renewal notice, or Classified Staff layoff or recall status. Hours per week may vary with workload, but will be a minimum of 32 hours per week.
NAU will not provide any U.S. immigration support or sponsorship for this position.
Essential Position Responsibilities
- Event Planning
- Follows standard event planning principles and guidelines to effectively resolve issues.
- Understands and applies knowledge of appropriate handling of event data and information. Manages and tracks key tasks and workloads across the department.
- Plans and executes events and tracks attendance through scheduling, coordination of internal/external resources, and transaction initiation.
- Execute NAU Foundation yearly Event Reconciliations.
- Tracking expenses, gifts and revenue.
- Assisting with preparation of annual budgets.
- Preparation of annual reports.
- Executing check requests and deposits.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 2-4 years of relevant experience.
- A combination of related education, experience, and training.
- A valid AZ driver's license.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of CECMEE programs and curriculum.
- Has connections with multiple local, regional, and national Construction and Engineering companies.
- Intermediate knowledge of event planning tools, processes, and policies.
- Knowledge of processes for engaging and recording feedback from event attendees.
- Knowledge of NAU Foundation processes and rules for events.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Onenote).
- Proficient in QuickBooks.
- Proficient in Wordpress.
- Competent with Microsoft Teams.
- Competent with Zoom.
- Event planning, organizing, coordinating, and facilitating skills.
- Basic Accounting skills.
- Knowledge of and experience with the PeopleSoft Student Information System (i.e., PeopleSoft, Louie, OnBase, Enterprise Reporting tools).
- Analyzes routine situations and anticipates issues.
- Demonstrates problem solving, organizational, and analytical capabilities.
- Balances competing priorities.
- Communicates effectively.
- Promotes a diverse, inclusive environnement.
- Suggests procedures to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, an employment history verification and a degree verification (in some cases) prior to employment. You may also be required to complete a fingerprint background check.
Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States.
Finally, each year Northern Arizona University releases an Annual Security Report. The report is a result of a federal law known as the Clery Act. The report includes Clery reportable crime statistics for the three most recent completed calendar years and discloses procedures, practices and programs NAU uses to keep students and employees safe including how to report crimes or other emergencies occurring on campus. In addition, the Fire Safety Report is combined with the Annual Security Report for the NAU Flagstaff Mountain Campus and NAU-Fort Defiance as these campuses have on-campus student housing. This report discloses fire safety policies and procedures related to on-campus student housing and statistics for fires that occurred in those facilities.
If you would like a free paper copy of the report, please contact the NAUPD Records Department at (928) 523-8884 or by visiting the department at 525 E. Pine Knoll Drive in Flagstaff.
$33,137 - $41,420 Commensurate with experience.
**The starting salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected applicant balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and vailable market information.
This position is non-exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). The incumbent is eligible for overtime pay or compensatory time according to University policy. Further, the employee must submit timesheets that accurately reflect all hours worked.
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified dependents. More information on benefits at NAU is available on the Human Resources benefits website. Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU.
NAU is a tobacco and smoke-free campus.
Employees offered a position will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan). New employees are eligible for benefits on the first day of the pay period following their enrollment, after their employment date. Employees will have 31 days from their start date to enroll in benefits. Additionally, new employees will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after the new employee's start date.
Learning and Development
Your career at Northern Arizona University includes the opportunity for professional development. New employee on-boarding training includes courses to be completed within the first 30 days. If your position includes the supervision of a benefit-eligible employee, we offer the NAU Supervisors Academy for you to complete within your first 2 years.
Application Deadline<br>January 19, 2021 at 11:59 pm.<br>How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on the Human Resources website or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus - on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact the Office of Equity and Access at: 928-523-3312/TDD - 928-523-1006 or PO Box 4083, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
NAU is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.