Registered Nurse I
Job no: 495928
Work type: Full Time Permanent - Staff
Categories: Commandant/Cadet Activities
Payscale: Band 6
The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina is seeking applicants for an Infirmary staff Nurse. This position is under limited supervision and provides individualized goal-directed nursing care to all patients who reported to the infirmary. Will be responsible for evaluating and providing effective care by using the Principles and Practices of the Nursing Process. Must be able to work independently. This position is a 10-month position, with May and June off.
- Assesses the health needs of patients.
- Documents patients assessment into medical record; observes and records deviations from normal conditions.
- Able to respond to emergency situations.
- Instructs patients on treatment plan, expected outcome, and self-health measures.
- Performs diagnostic testing as ordered by physician.
- Consistently monitors in-patients and others help for observation.
- Other duties as requested by physician.
- Instruct and directs para professional nursing personnel.
- Accurate, concise and legible documentation of patient care.
- Working knowledge of Citadel rules and regulations.
Licensed as a registered nurse by South Carolina Board of Nursing with at least 5 years’ experience. Must be current in BLS. Recent experience in Clinical Nursing, especially Student Health Nursing, Urgent Care, or Emergency Room Nursing. Must be capable of assessing and treating adolescent and young adult, urgent-care patients. Will serve in solo capacity at night and on weekends. Ability to make independent decisions regarding nursing care, to follow standard treatment protocols as directed by physician, in the Policies and Procedures. Able to self-evaluate and seek guidance when necessary.
Advertised: Jan 05 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Jan 19 2021 Eastern Standard Time