Sleep TechnicianPosition Number:
HSH BSOM IM PulmonaryDepartment Homepage:
Health SciencesCompetency Level:
2 - JourneyNumber of Vacancies:
2Full Time Equivalent (FTE):
.75Hourly Salary Rate/Range:
$23.10 - $29.07Work Schedule:
VariesPosition Location (City):
Temporary StaffJob Category:
Staff - TemporaryPrimary Function of Organizational Unit:
The Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine, one of only four academic Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine programs in North Carolina offering a three-year fellowship, has a broad-based faculty with interests and expertise in all aspects of the specialty including, outpatient consultative care, Medical Critical Care, and all procedural aspects of the specialty, including interventional pulmonology and medical thoracoscopy.Job Duties :
The selected candidate will perform Polysomnographic Record Scoring
-Assist with scoring sleep/wake stages by applying professionally accepted guidelines.
– Assist with scoring clinical events (such as respiratory events, cardiac events, limb movements, arousals, etc.) with center specific protocols.
– Assist with the generation of accurate reports by tabulating sleep/wake and clinical event data.
Gather and Analyze Patient Information
– Review history, physical information, medications, procedure request, and study protocol
– Complete and verify documentation
– Explain the procedure and orient that patient to the sleep center
Testing and Preparation Procedures
– Prepare and calibrate equipment required for testing to determine proper functioning and make adjustments, if necessary
– Apply electrodes and sensors according to accepted published standards
– Perform appropriate physiologic calibrations to ensure proper signals and make adjustments, if necessary
– Perform routine positive airway pressure (PAP) mask fitting
CLINICAL SUPPORT POSITION – NOT SUBJECT TO STATE HUMAN RESOURCES ACT.
The ECU Brody School of Medicine is affiliated with Vidant Medical Center. Vidant Medical Center is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University.Minimum Education/Experience:
Associate’s degree in medical sonography, cardio/vascular sonography, or related discipline; or equivalent combination of training and experience. Some positions may require additional training, certifications, or licenses. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education:
Associate’s degree in Polysomnography; registered with the BRPT or ABSM; registered with the NC Medical Board; CPR certified.License or Certification Required by the Department:
NoneSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
- Please ensure your full range of knowledge, skills, abilities, experience and education are listed on your application. Do not write ‘see resume’ on your application when completing the job duties section.
- If you answer the questions at the end of the application, please ensure your application reflects the knowledge, skills, abilities and experiences to support your answers (see job duties section of previous employment).
- Failure to answer the questions at the end of the application will not preclude your application from being considered but may result in your application not receiving full consideration of your knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- All applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. (EST) on the closing date indicated.
10/03/2019Job Close Date:
01/19/2021Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting:
East Carolina University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and seeks to create an environment that fosters the recruitment and retention of a more diverse student body, faculty, staff and administration. We encourage qualified applicants from women, minorities, veterans, individuals with a disability, and historically underrepresented groups. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race/ethnicity, color, genetic information, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Individuals requesting accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) should contact the Department of Human Resources at (252) 737-1018 (Voice/TTY) or [email protected].Eligibility for Employment:
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. ECU participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.Office of Human Resources Contact Information:
If you experience any problems accessing the system or have questions about the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (252) 328-9847 or toll free at 1-866-489-1740 or send an email to [email protected] Our office is available to provide assistance Monday-Friday from 8:00-5:00 EST.