ASSOCIATE REGISTRAR - Records
The University of California Hastings College of the Law was founded in 1878 as the law department of the University of California and was the first law school in California. Over the years, it has built a legacy and reputation of being a preeminent institution comprised of renowned faculty committed to the study of legal theory and research, preparing students for careers in the judicial system, public service, and industry.
The College is redefining legal education through an experiential, interdisciplinary, and international approach to the law. By integrating rigorous academics with hands-on practice, the College is preparing its graduates to tackle modern legal challenges.
ABOUT THE RECORDS OFFICE
The Records Office (the College’s Registrar’s Office) is responsible for maintaining students’ records, grades and transcripts, managing registration, exams and grades, and providing academic related services, information and student data to various departments within the College with the highest level of integrity and according to FERPA, Federal, state and the College’s regulations. To do so, the office utilizes a variety of software systems including Ellucian College and Self -Service, Entrinsik Informer, ExamSoft, and others. The department employs administrative and professional staff, is supervised by the Registrar who in turn is a direct report to the Academic Dean of the College.
THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Associate Registrar provides leadership and support in the daily operations of the Registrar's Office, specifically around the use of systems. Reporting directly to the Registrar, this position requires an individual who can exercise sound judgement, think strategically, and work collaboratively with faculty, students, staff and alumni. The Associate Registrar should possess strong leadership, organizational, project management and interpersonal skills. They should be detail-oriented, comfortable with technology, self-motivated, able to implement policy, and have the ability to work independently. The candidate will work closely with the Registrar's Office management team developing and supporting new initiatives to improve customer service, process efficiency and staff development.
The Associate Registrar is responsible for identifying and collaborating to implement business and system improvements for the Registrar's Office that will help to streamline the registration and overall student academic processes. This position serves as the functional lead for the Colleague Student Information System responsible for maintaining course catalog, enrollment and degree certifications, registration processes, upgrades and testing, and training of staff.
What You’ll Do:
• Assist with core aspects of the Records Office – registration, exams, grading, degree progress evaluation, bar certification and graduation.
• Use Entrinsik Informer (report software) to provide data and analysis in support of institutional decision-making regarding academic policies.
• Provide vision and leadership in maintaining academic standards that embody the college’s values of equity, fairness, academic excellence and student success.
• Provide excellent service to our diverse community of students, staff, faculty and alumni.
• Oversee all aspects of the student registration process, including updating the course inventory, publishing the schedule of classes, and maintaining course enrollment records.
• Manage all aspects of bar eligibility review, certification and review.
• Calculate and oversee honors and awards.
• Ensure students, staff and faculty have access to comprehensive information on curriculum, academic policies and procedures on the college’s website and within the student information system.
• Ensure the integrity and security of student records including the processing of grades, maintenance of course records, certification of student enrollment status, and completion of degrees, in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
• Serve in an advisory capacity for committees as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
• Master's (preferred) or Bachelor’s degree
• At least four to seven+ years of experience in a Records/Registrar’s Office required.
• Demonstrated expert functional system and technical experience and understanding of project management at a level sufficient to perform complex and high-level associate registrar tasks.
• Proficiency in use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, internet.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Extensive experience using Ellucian Colleague in a Records/Registrar’s Office is preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; enjoys leading and coordinating the work of groups who develop academic policies; tact and diplomacy are your hallmarks in getting work done.
• Confident in having difficult conversations with students, staff and faculty regarding academic policy; prompt in holding these discussions.
• In your current role, you have developed strong professional relationships across all areas of the organization and have partners across campus.
• You and your colleagues are known for great service; you’re trusted, compassionate and respond in a timely manner.
• You are detail-oriented and managing details comes naturally to you.
• You keep your eyes on strategic goals and accomplish them on time.
• You are comfortable having a long list of goals; able to work on multiple priorities in parallel, moving them forward as you see opportunity to do so.
• You have an impeccable track record of integrity and success maintaining confidentiality of student records.
• You are exceptional in customer service with a focus on the end user.
• You enjoy systems and technology; implementing a new student information system is more exciting than daunting; you are an exceptional coach in helping your coworkers use technology and make meaning from data.
Health and Welfare Benefits
• Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance coverage
• Flexible Spending Accounts for transportation-related, healthcare and dependent care expenses
• Employee Assistance Program For your Financial Future
• Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, and Legal Insurance
• University of California Retirement Plan (a defined benefit plan)
• Deferred Compensation Plans/Pre-tax Retirement Savings Programs For your Work/Life Balance
• Fourteen paid holidays per year
• Generous vacation and sick leave
• Commuter Benefits Program
This full-time, exempt opportunity offers a salary range of $65,000 - $80,000 (commensurate with qualifications) plus an excellent benefits package. To apply: https://uc-hastings.breezy.hr/p/690fae559570-associate-registrar
Failure to provide the information as required on the application form and to include a resume shall immediately disqualify an applicant from employment consideration. This position has been designated as "sensitive" and requires a pre-employment background check. This position is open until filled.
UC Hastings College of the Law is an Equal Opportunity Employer