Clinical Assistant Professor in Cell and Molecular Biology/ Biotechnology Program
Clinical Assistant Professor in Cell and Molecular Biology/ Biotechnology ProgramJob Description Summary, Duties and Responsibilities, Required Qualifications and Preferred Qualifications:
APPLICATION DEADLINE: The search will remain open until the position has been filled. First consideration will be given to applications received by February 26, 2021. Second consideration may be given to applications received by March 26, 2021. Applications received subsequent to second consideration date (March 26, 2021) may not be given full consideration.
The Department of Cell and Molecular Biology at The University of Rhode Island invites applications for a faculty position at the rank of Clinical Assistant Professor beginning July 2021. The position is a Non-Tenure Track Faculty; Full-time Calendar Year appointment.
Position limited to 06-17-2023 with anticipated renewal.
Duties and responsibilities:
Contribute to and coordinate the overall academic administration of the BS Biotechnology Program at URI (Kingston and Providence Campuses). Recruit talented students into the growing academic program. Develop, establish and maintain relationships with existing biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies to grow internship opportunities for students in the Biotechnology Program. Teach lecture and laboratory courses in fundamental and applied biotechnology, microbiology, upstream and downstream processing, and/or scale-up bioprocessing at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Advise students in the undergraduate Biotechnology Major. Engage in service activities and governance within the Department, College, University and Community.
1. Earned doctorate (Ph.D./D.Phil.) in Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Chemical Engineering, or a closely related field.
2. Demonstrated history in working at or partnering with companies or organizations in the biopharmaceutical/biotechnology industry.
3. Demonstrated ability to mentor and advise students and/or trainees.
4. Demonstrated experience in teaching lecture and laboratory classes in biotechnology or related areas.
5. Demonstrated proficiency in written communication skills in English.
6. Demonstrated proficiency in oral communication skills in English.
7. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups/populations.
1. Demonstrated interest in coordinating a successful academic program in biotechnology.
2. Demonstrated work experience or peer-reviewed publications in biotechnology, drug discovery, or other pharmaceutical areas.
3.Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills.
4. Demonstrated involvement in regional or national professional organizations in biotechnology or related areas.
ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES.Union:
AAUP - American Assoc of Univ ProfessorsStatus :
Calendar Year, Full-time, Non-tenure-track, LimitedEnd Date of Restriction or Limitation:
Position is Full-time Calendar year, Non-tenure track, limited to 06-17-2023 with anticipated renewal.Department:
CELS Academic Unit 3Contact(s):
Please note: Job applications must be submitted directly online only at: (https://jobs.uri.edu)Campus Location:
NoSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Please attach the following 4 (PDF) documents to your online Faculty Employment Application:
(#1) Cover letter which states the candidate’s qualifications for the position (one complete doc).
(#2) Curriculum vitae.
(#3) A statement of teaching philosophy, experience, and interests (one complete doc).
(#4) “Other Document” – the names and contact information of three professional references (one complete doc).Position Number:
01/06/2021Open Until Filled:
YesQuicklink for Posting: