Student: Summer Conference Housing – Operations Assistant
Student: Summer Conference Housing – Operations AssistantRequisition Number:
3J5SE: Student EmploymentWork Location:
Lexington, KYOn Campus/Off Campus:
On CampusSalary Range:
$12.00/hour, summer housing availableType of Position:
StudentPosition Time Status :
Previous experience with Housing/Summer Conference Housing preferred.Hours per Week:
40 hours/week, may include evenings and weekends. Conference season runs from May to August. This is a temporary full-time position (May – August).Job Summary:
You must be a current UK student to apply for this position.
Summer Conference Housing – Operations Assistant
- Assist Area Director of Operations with day-to-day tasks and signing off on the completion of residence hall rooms by vendors
- Assist in the oversight of cleaning and painting vendors
- Assist Campus Housing maintenance teams – Perform quality control assessments of residence hall rooms
- Conduct key audits
- Assist in other projects as needed and other duties assigned by the Area Director of Operations
Summer Conference runs from May – August.
The University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus. All offers are subject to a drug test and background check per Greystar policies.
In order to be eligible for the position, a candidate must:
1. Be a student at the University of Kentucky, in good academic standing
2. Be in good disciplinary standing at the University of Kentucky.
Experience in customer service within a detail-oriented environment.
May be required to walk long distances or sit for long periods of time. May be required to walk up and down stairs. Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. May be required to perform physical activities in a housing facility environment. Ability to work effectively in stressful and high pressure situations. May be required to stay longer than shift on occasion.
Skills & Knowledge:
Candidates share the following qualities:
1. Attention to detail
2. Communication & listening skills
3. Ability to make mature and responsible decisions
4. Time management skills
5. Positive attitude
6. Ability to work effectively with the multiple teams and individuals
02/07/2021University Community of Inclusion:
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Anticipated Start Date: