ID Card Support Specialist
ID Card Support SpecialistSchool/Division:Division of Student AffairsOffice:HofstraCard ServicesFull-Time or Part-Time:Full-TimeAbout HofstraHofstra University is a nationally ranked and recognized private university in Hempstead, N.Y. that is the only school to ever host three consecutive presidential debates (2008, 2012 and 2016). At Hofstra, students get the best of both worlds. Our campus is a leafy oasis just a quick train ride away from New York City and all its cultural, recreational and professional opportunities. We offer small classes and personal attention, with the resources, technology and facilities of a large university. Students can choose from more than 160 undergraduate program options and 165 graduate program options in the liberal arts and sciences, education, health professions and human services, the Peter S. Kalikow School of Government, Public Policy and International Affairs, the Fred DeMatteis School of Engineering and Applied Science, the Frank G. Zarb School of Business, the Lawrence Herbert School of Communication, the Maurice A. Deane School of Law, the Hofstra Northwell School of Graduate Nursing and Physician Assistant Studies, and the Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell. Hofstra University is a dynamic community of more than 11,000 students from around the world who are dedicated to civic engagement, academic excellence and becoming leaders in their communities and their careers.Description:Reporting to the Director of HofstraCard Services, the ID Card Support Specialist provides technical expertise and support in managing and maintaining the installation, repair and preventative maintenance programs of Hofstra University’s access control system. This system consists of over 1200 pieces of Lenel access control equipment located at over 62 campus locations. Equipment installed and maintained by the ID Card Support Specialist include: Card readers, Lenel single & dual Interface modules, various Lenel controller panels, Altronix enclosures, locking devices, some computer hardware and security related software applications. This position is an on-site position, work will be preformed on campus.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Coordinating and collaborating with Information Technology and Plant Management to ensure that new installations, maintenance and repairs are completed in accordance with established standards.
• Co-managing the system administration of the Lenel OnGuard system. This will include, but not be limited to managing and configuring the system file and directory structure, as well as managing end user accounts, file permissions, report creation and audit/log files.
• Supervising and co-managing a departmental work order tracking system, for compiling associated spreadsheets, and reports to generate monthly and annual statistical and budgetary data and information.
• Detailing technical specifications and creating technical based Lenel system end user/system administrator documentation, including creating access control policies and procedures; ensuring compliance to existing policies and providing the necessary services and support for the management and administration of the Lenel OnGuard system.
• Managing the HofstraCard Services inventory and coordinating purchases and returns of equipment.
• Participate in recommendations for enhancing and improving the Lenel OnGuard system to include add-on subsystems like CCTV, alarms and visitor management.
Qualifications:Bachelor’s degree required in information technology or related field. Candidate will have 5-7 years experience with low voltage/access control. Prior experience and knowledge of the Lenel On-Guard System and Lenel OnGuard certification required. Experience with the installation, maintenance and repair of access control devices, or alarming systems and/or CCTV preferred. Prior experience or knowledge of Heartland OneCard and SunGard Banner preferred. Experience with Microsoft Office applications and Windows Servers preferred. Ability to develop technical documentation in support of technical procedural manuals, system maintenance and work order-processing systems. Must possess good oral and written communications skills. Candidate will demonstrate cultural competence and the ability to work with students and staff from diverse populations. Candidate will have strong organizational and interpersonal skills with the proven ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines. Must be collaborative, organized, and detail oriented. Have a collaborative disposition and possesses the ability to think both critically and strategically. Must be able to lift equipment weighing up to 40 lbs. Valid New York Driver’s License. Candidate will have the ability to participate in a 24-hour on-call rotation. Must display strong leadership and teamwork qualities. Must embrace the use and application of new technology. Candidate will be a proactive, independent, self-starter who is comfortable in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
Application Instructions:Please send a resume, cover letter and three references (including student) to: Michael Martin, Director, HofstraCard Services
Voluntary Self-IdentificationAll applicants are invited to complete the three (3) voluntary self-identification formsDeadline:Open Until FilledDate Posted: 01/06/2021Posting Number: 897650-21