Supplemental Instructor - Truck Driving - Moore County
At Amarillo College, our students are the priority. It is our mission and our responsibility to enrich their lives by helping them identify an educational pathway that will lead to success in life. It is therefore required that every team member, regardless of job title or duties, be responsible, first, for assisting students in every way.
Applications are accepted on a continual basis and kept on file for Part Time Supplemental Instructors in our Truck Driving Academy Programs. Supplemental Instructors work on an as needed basis, will adhere to the aforementioned mission statement, and will perform duties primarily related to the instruction of courses in assigned subject matter areas.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Preferred: High School Diploma or GED.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
- Must have a valid Class "A" commercial driver license with N,P,S and T endorsements.
- Three-year safe driving record.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
Required: Three years of verifiable truck operations experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work under stress.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to deal with people in a professional manner.
- Comprehensive knowledge of state and federal regulations concerning the operation of commercial motor vehicles.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide supplemental classroom instruction for applicable programs.
- Perform effective teaching activities, including classroom instruction, directing projects, and assisting with student coursework, research and internships.
- Plan, develop and present organized classroom instructions and learning opportunities for students in accordance with approved course outlines.
- Teach day and/or evening courses as required.
- Demonstrate and maintain competence in the use of instructional technology.
- Train students in the basic operations of a commercial vehicle including various combinations such as tankers, double/triple trailers,flatbeds, dry vans and reefers.
- Occasional evening work may be required, limited travel between Amarillo, Hereford and/or Dumas.
- Demonstrate competence in his/her teaching field and related technologies.
- Attend briefings on procedures, advising, registration, and general policy.
- Complete appropriate administrative paperwork and performance evaluations in a timely manner.
- Educate themselves regarding College policies.
- Ensure effective two-way communication at all levels of responsibility.
- Participate in department, division and college meetings as assigned or required.
- Assume responsibility for the orderliness of the learning environment and in the appropriate and safe use of instructional facilities and equipment.
- Participate in and complete performance assessments/evaluations as assigned.
- Perform additional related duties as required.
- As an Amarillo College employee, seek knowledge of and pledge to actively engage in a culture of caring striving to serve students, peers and the community by embracing the AC Core Values: Wow, Family, Fun, Innovation, and Yes!
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, or sit for extended periods of time, and be able to move materials weighing up to 50 pounds. Ability to perform a wide range of mobility tasks, climbing, crawling, bending, pulling, lifting in order to demonstrate truck operation procedures.
Working Environment: Exposure to outside weather conditions. Training will occur at our locations in Amarillo, Hereford and Dumas; on our campus and on local streets and highways.
Salary: $22.00 per Hour Total hours may vary from week to week, but may not exceed 19 hours per week.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
Amarillo College is committed to hiring and retaining a racially diverse, culturally competent staff at all levels of the organization who not only reflect the demographics of our clients but also continue to deepen their skills and competencies to serve the full range of our customers.
Promotional Opportunity Policy
Under the Amarillo College Promotional Opportunity Policy, only current appointed or part-time non-appointed employees will be considered for a position during the first five (5) working days from notice or posting.