Assistant Program Coordinator
At Amarillo College, our students are the priority. It is our mission and our responsibility to enrich their lives by helping them identify an educational pathway that will lead to success in life. It is therefore required that every team member, regardless of job title or duties, be responsible, first and foremost, for assisting students in every way.
We are currently seeking a Part-Time Assistant Program Coordinator for our Career Ready You (CRU) who will adhere to the aforementioned mission statement and who will maintain the integrity of the Adult Education & Literacy (AEL) Grant.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Adult Education or related field.
Preferred: Master's Degree preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
- Ability to organize data to produce faculty evaluation reports and student reports.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Power Point and Word.
- FERPA, CASAS, & TEAMS training (provided)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must have skills in computer operation, multimedia classroom instructional software, and be willing to learn new computer software.
- Must be able to work with nontraditional students and students with disabilities.
- Ability to work under stress and deal with students in a professional manner.
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff.
- Ability to work independently as well as with team members.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to understand and embrace cross-cultural differences.
- Ability communicate both written and verbally.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to work under stress
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist Career Ready You in running weekly required program reports, distributing monthly time-sheets, ordering program supplies and is the professional development point of contact for TWC.
- Supervise Instructional staff and day to day functions of CRU program.
- Interact with administrators, faculty, staff and students on a daily basis to ensure the program runs smoothly.
- Evaluate time and effort.
- Minimally teach one course every 8-week term.
- At the start of each term utilize projected student enrollment data for sufficient numbers of courses, teachers, materials and supplies are available for demand.
- Disperse and collect program materials (i.e. books, electronics, etc...)
- Send instructor specific emails to ensure instructors are informed of program policies.
- Assist the CRU Instructional staff in completing daily programmatic needs (i.e. but not limited to scheduling interviews, evaluations and running TEAMS reports etc...
- Communicate information about CRU program requirements and schedules to other departments.
- Recruit CRU students, assign students to classes based on assessment scores and provide faculty with class rosters prior to first day of class.
- Coordinate on-boarding process for new staff (i.e. Professional Development requirements, learning new digital systems and mentoring).
- TWC professional Development POC for TWC.
- Prepare and distribute annual class schedules for HSE or ESL instructional staff.
- Assist the CRU in such duties as deemed necessary in attaining the established program goals (e.g., weekly, monthly and quarterly report gathering).
- Coordinate program activities with other program staff to promote the most effective instructional program goals (e.g., curricula building and assisting in the hiring process).
- Resolve student registration issues.
- Attend all staff meetings and in-service workshops.
- Assist in curriculum building when requested.
- Serve as an advocate to move HSE or ESL students into Amarillo College transition classes.
- Sits on the faculty evaluation committee.
- Be willing to use personal vehicles to drive between Amarillo College campuses and partnership facilities when needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- As an Amarillo College employee seek knowledge of and pledge to actively engage in a culture of caring striving to serve students, peers, and the community by embracing these values; Wow, Family, Fun, Innovation and Yes!
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to travel between offices and buildings, and requires the ability to lift, carry, push, pull and/or maneuver office supplies as needed.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copy machines, and filing cabinets.
Salary: Aligned with the current published salary scale for the represented position grade, commensurate with experience.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
Amarillo College is committed to hiring and retaining a racially diverse, culturally competent staff at all levels of the organization who not only reflect the demographics of our clients but also continue to deepen their skills and competencies to serve the full range of our customers.
Promotional Opportunity Policy
Under the Amarillo College Promotional Opportunity Policy, only current appointed or part-time non-appointed employees will be considered for a position during the first five (5) working days from notice or posting.