Assistant Football Coach
Job no: 497216
Department: Intercollegiate Athletics
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: Athletics, Recreation
Status: Full Time
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact [email protected] or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 06 Jan 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Assistant Football CoachHours Per Week:
To assist the Head Football Coach in the administration and operation of the football program.
This position specifically supports the mission of the University and the Department of Intercollege Athletics by assisting in institutional compliance with NCAA and Conference rules and regulations.
• Recruit qualified student-athletes
• Develop and train student-athletes within the guidelines of the program under the direction of the Head Football Coach
• Conduct the football program in accordance with all NCAA rules, including attendance at compliance meetings, appropriate record keeping for recruiting and playing/practice seasons, monitoring eligibility of student-athletes in the program, successfully completing the annual NCAA Certification test and assisting in the education of student-athletes about NCAA rules
• Bachelors Degree
• Experience coaching at the college level, high school level and/or equivalent professional experience
• An understanding of the rules and policies of the NCAA
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to [email protected] or 513-529-3560. As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.Benefits Eligible: