Student Employment Coordinator
Job no: 506931
Work type: Staff Full Time
Categories: Other Staff Positions
OFFICIAL JOB TITTLE: Student Employment Coordinator
DIVISION: Academic Affairs
DEPARTMENT: Financial Aid
BARGANING UNIT STATUS: ESU, Cat 13
EEO STATUS: 38
JOB CODE: 0430
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: The Senior Associate Director
SUPERVISES: Exercises functional supervision of administrative support personnel in the performance of assigned duties
MINIMUM STARTING SALARY: $Salary Range
SUMMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Provide administrative coordination of the day-to-day operations of Student Employment, working collaboratively with other staff member(s) who collectively administer and reconcile student employment funding including Federal Work-study (FWS) and institutional funds for over 4000+ students. Review the use of technology and other means of information dissemination to support the success of students as it pertains to student employment and make recommendation to the Financial Aid leadership. Coordinate all technology-related programs and services for Student Employment. Provide coordination for all required reporting including FWS, and serve as contact person for all on-campus employers and supervisors to assist with hiring, managing and supervising student employees. Assist with the development and improvement of the student employee program with supervisors through training, information sharing and exchange of student employment best practices across campus. Follow the University's best practices to build and/or support student academic success and retention, and assist in meeting strategic objectives for persistence and timely graduation of all the student population.
EXAMPLES PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate the day-to-day operations of on-campus Federal Work Study and non-work study student employment programs.
- Assist in the develop and delivery of supervisor/manager training(s) regarding student employment policies and procedures and best practices for recruiting, hiring, training and developing student employees.
- Determine, establish, and maintain recommended student employment wage structure in accordance with State and Federal wage laws.
- Responsible for Federal Work Study fund reconciliation and reporting on Federal FISAP report.
- Coordinate tax compliance process for campus, including Glacier program management and knowledge of international tax treaties.
- In collaboration with the FA leadership, develop and execute a campus-wide communication campaign regarding the processes and expectations involved with the hiring of student employees. Review plan for improvement.
- Act as point of contact for departments and supervisors relating to student financial aid and student employment.
- Review and maintain current student employment software platform. Act as main point of contact for Student Employment’s electronic platform. Assist in the process of evaluation and recommendation for additional technology needs for student employment.
- Assist in the development and coordination of technology used to support student services including reports, project management and workflow, email, and event tracking.
- Coordinates all student employment assessment activities and reports.
- Assist in the oversight of all the efforts to assess the effectiveness of offered services, initiatives, & programs. Participate in the develop of a timeline for assessment of student employment. In collaboration with the FA leadership, design and implement surveys, focus groups and other methods of data collection. Write reports of outcomes and provide documentation/data. Assist in analyzing results. Participate in the development of a plan for communicating results of assessment with various constituencies including students, advisors, degree-granting schools and higher administration.
- Build relationships with on-campus employers and supervisors to increase hiring and enhance supervision of student employees. Conduct outreach to supervisors to research employer needs, gather information related to student employment on campus, and market events and initiatives.
- Assist in the development, implementation, maintenance, and evaluation of ongoing support services for students and supervisors throughout entire cycle of the student employment process including planning and development, recruiting, hiring, orienting and training, separation, and engagement. Assist the FA leadership with specific communication to on-campus employers to increase awareness of and boost student employee recognition and appreciation. Specifically, increase this communication prior to the annual Student Employment Appreciation Week each April.
- Develop and maintain strong understanding of university, local, state, and federal policies which impact student employment and student employee supervision on campus (i.e., sexual harassment, discrimination, Fair Labor Standards Act, etc.)
- Work in partnership with Payroll, Human Resources, International Student Scholar Center, and pertinent system offices to refer and provide appropriate resources and guidance as needed.
- May assist with maintaining a student caseload of prospective and matriculated students as needed on tasks including, but not limited to, financial aid application and award eligibility (including C Flags), verification, award changes, appeals, satisfactory academic progress appeals, Return of Title IV Funds and State withdrawal refund calculations, and loan borrowing.
- Perform other duties as required by supervisor.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Experience: Demonstrated experience (over three years) with one or more of the following: student employment, human resources, enrollment, financial aid, or bursar experience within a higher education setting.
Other: Ability to work evenings/weekends. Occasional local and regional travel.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of office management.
Applicants must be authorized for employment in the U.S. on a full time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship not available.
To apply please submit a letter of interest, current resume and the contact information for three professional references.
The deadline for INTERNAL Applicants to apply is January 19, 2021. The review of applications will begin January 20, 2021.
Advertised: 05 Jan 2021 Eastern Standard Time