Coordinator, Academic Support Services
Job location: Boca Raton
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-01-05
Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
Florida Atlantic University is seeking a Coordinator, Academic Support Services, Boca Raton, FL.
The College of Arts and Letters at Florida Atlantic University seeks scholars who are committed to supporting the learning needs of students from diverse backgrounds and to engaging communities underrepresented in higher education. Florida Atlantic University is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all who interact in our community. In building this environment, we strive to attract students, faculty and staff from a variety of cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. Florida Atlantic University embodies a culture of strategic and collaborative community engagement that results in mutual benefit to the institution and the diverse internal and external communities that it serves.
Summary of Responsibilities Include:
- Grant Manager for the College of Arts & Letters.
- Assist Arts & Letters Associate Dean of Research and faculty with grant preparation, budgets and related required Division of Sponsored Research documentation.
- Collaborate with DSR on pre and post awards for grants.
- Support accounting and communication functions using various software packages such as: Workday, Novelution and Microsoft Office.
- Oversee financial management of grant accounts in accordance with University policies and procedures.
- Make recommendations for the development of administrative practices and procedures for all research programs in the College and implement resulting procedures.
- Process Pcard transactions, ensuring allowable expenditures and account information, reconciliation of charges.
- Process journal entries for incorrect postings or deposits for reimbursement to the Cashier’s Office.
- Secure all required documentation for charges, approvals, and audit purposes from Pcard holders.
- Liaison with the University Controller's Office and University Auditors regarding requests for documentation to complete audits.
- Answer all department, and faculty Pcard-related inquiries.
- Assist Business Office Administrative Coordinator with other related financial duties.
- Implement administrative activities and financial functions for the College of Arts & Letters.
- Process check requests, project-to-project transfers and other related forms for FAU Foundation.
- Assist College departments with questions on University policies and procedures.
- Maintain files based on University guidelines for record retention.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential to success in this position.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Programs such as Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
Must also have excellent customer service, organizational and time management skills.Salary:$40,000 - $45,000College or Department:College of Arts and LettersLocation:Boca RatonWork Days and Hours:Monday - Friday, 8: 30 a.m. - 5 p.m.Application Deadline: 2021-01-19-08:00Special Instructions to Applicant: Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume and a cover letter are required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents may result in disqualification.