IT Support Professional I
Job Title: IT Support Professional I
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 223006
Provide unit level support in the installation, operation and maintenance of computer systems. Position typically addresses issues of moderate complexity, receiving general instructions on routine work and more specific direction on new assignments. This position will interact on a consistent basis with: users within assigned unit which can include management, faculty and staff personnel. This position typically will advise and counsel: NA. This position will supervise: NA.Responsibilities
• Field incoming problem tickets from end users to resolve server provisioning and decommissioning and asset management
• Record, track, and document the problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution
• Assist with research into backup and disaster recovery products and services in support of growing services
• Data center capacity planning
• Assist in creating documentation and evangelizing of services trainings in the form of Help Article, How-To broadcasts, etc
• Develop, test and implement technical solutions
• Modify and maintain Data Center Infrastructure Manager (DCIM) application
• Prepare technical, operational and user related documentation in support of data center operations process and procedures
• Coordinate with customers for IT service delivery needs
• Plan and continuously improve service delivery process and procedures
• Will develop business continuity and disaster recovery plans based off customer needs
• Develop relationships with IT service delivery customers
• Create and analyze KPI metrics to ensure key business objectives are being met
• Perform other related duties as assigned
• Solarwinds monitoring support, configuration, and administration
• Windows and Linux system administration
• Network configuration and administration
• Centralized storage (NAS, SAN) support and testing.
• Centralized data backup and recovery – Tier 1 Support
• System provisioning
Associate's Degree, Technical Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience
Up to two years of job related experience
Data Center experience preferred.
Experience provisioning and troubleshooting physical hosts in a Data Center environment.
Familiarity with DCIM and inventory management solutions.
Experience with vendor management and coordination.
Experience with access control procedures.
Structured cabling including cat6, infiniband, and sm/mm fiber.
Navigation of Linux operating systems
Familiarity with Dell OpenManage
Familiarity with Avocent DSView
Hardware support experience with Dell PowerEdge Servers
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Hands-on knowledge of mission critical environments, compute/network/storage technologies and service delivery elements
• Proven experience with troubleshooting principles, methodologies, and issue resolution techniques
• Knowledge of enterprise IT services
• Ability to develop and interpret technical documentation for training and end user procedures
• Good analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
• Very strong customer service orientation
• Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Networking and system administration knowledge
• Enterprise firewall configuration
• Ability to lift ~50lbs
It is a requirement of GT that anyone entering the data center floors is U.S. Person. Due to the critical nature of data and security compliances, employee must be able to provide any of the following.
• U.S. Birth Certificate
• U.S. Passport
• Green Card
• Certificate of Naturalization
• GT approved equivalent