Open Rank - Consultation-Liaison & Neuromodulation Psychiatrist
University of Colorado – School of Medicine
Department of Psychiatry
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, one of four campuses in the University of Colorado System, is the major academic medical center in the Rocky Mountain region. The Anschutz Medical Campus is home to the University of Colorado Hospital, Children's Hospital Colorado and a new Veterans Affairs Hospital, making it one of the largest and most comprehensive biomedical research and clinical care centers in the western United States. With world-class health sciences research, educational and clinical facilities, the CU School of Medicine has established distinctive and highly productive programs, receiving research awards of more than $350 million per year, including more than $200 million from National Institutes of Health and other federal agencies. The School's total annual clinical and research revenue exceeds $1.2 billion per year.The University of Colorado School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry has just welcomed their new Department Chair, C. Neill Epperson, MD and is in the process of growing the Department of Psychiatry with new programs and expanding existing programs. Position Summary:The Department of Psychiatry Consultation-Liaison & Neuromodulation Psychiatrist will provide clinical coverage of the consultation-liaison and neuromodulation services at the University of Colorado Hospital in Aurora, CO as delegated by a person licensed to practice medicine in Colorado. There will be a combination of in-person and telework, including tele-consultations. Tele-consultations may also include virtual consultation at additional UCHealth system hospitals. Please note, this is an open rank position and could be categorized as Instructor, Senior Instructor, Assistant Professor, Associate Professor or Professor based on experience and qualifications as indicated below. Along with open rank, there may be an opportunity to work at additional clinical and/or research settings based on skillset and program needs. Additional clinics in this Division include:
- UCH Outpatient services and resident clinic
- UCH ED Coverage
- UCH CL Services
- Women’s Behavioral Health
- START Center
- Student and Resident Mental Health
- Faculty and Staff Mental Health
- OCD Services
- Faculty Practice
- Refugee services
- Early Onset Psychosis Services
- Geriatric Behavioral Health Services
- Integrated services within but not limited to, Transplant, Burn Unit, Neurology, NICU
- Cohen Military Clinics
- Johnson Depression Center
- Encompass Schools- Telehealth
- Executive Functioning Clinic
- Perform psychiatric consultations/evaluations as part of the inpatient consultation-liaison service
- Provides telepsychiatry assessments as part of consultation-liaison duties.
- Provide outpatient evaluations and treatments in the neuromodulation clinic
Participate in performance improvement activities; quality improvement and patient safety activities; assists in maintaining compliance with JCAHO accreditation and other internal and external regulatory standards including the code of conduct.
- Actively contributes in academic advancement of his/her/their discipline
- Maintains eligibility for SOM faculty appointment
- Help with medical student, resident and fellow education in both clinical and didactic settings
- Participate in the attending call rotation
- MD or DO
- CO Physician License or Eligible for CO Physician License
- Board Eligible or Certified in Psychiatry
- Consultation-liaison experience, completion of a consultation-liaison fellowship, and experience in neuromodulation.Ability to interpret age specific developmental, physiologic and unique care needs by assessment and by observation of care delivery.Experience in making psychiatric diagnoses and managing psychiatric disorders.
- Experience working effectively on a psychiatric behavioral health team.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently.Capacity for flexibility and adaptability in different work situations.Excellent written and verbal communication skills including presentations to community audiences.Ability to work effectively on multiple tasks and maintain a well-organized work environment.Proficiency in telepsychiatry.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Jan 21, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing