Administrative Coordinator II
Administrative Coordinator II
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
Library Operations Staff
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
The Administrative Coordinator II, under direction of the Dean of Libraries, plans, organizes, and manages day-to-day activities of the Library to include developing and implementing procedures for the administration of operations and overseeing projects, including the management of the Unit's deliverables.
- Participate in the planning and execution of administrative operations for the Office of the Dean and the Bell Library.
- Prepare and review operational and special reports
- Monitor project timelines and identify issues providing recommended next steps.
- Coordinate or provide direct administrative support to Library leadership on special projects as requested.
- Coordinate and lead support for Library functions and organization, including planning, directing, and evaluating operations.
- Plan for dignitaries and other distinguished visitors, as well as potential employees visiting the campus and welcomes them on behalf of the Dean. Arrange social functions and receptions hosted by the Dean.
- Coordinate meetings, prepare agendas, and organize and track agenda items, including monitoring action items, for the Dean. Research items and brief the Dean prior to meetings and events. Arrange the Dean's representation on committees during his/her absence. Lead or serve on state, local, University, and System committees.
- Plan and organize events in the library by coordinating with the appropriate internal and external department(s) for scheduling, managing communications and guest lists, coordinating promotional items and event setup to include technology setup, ordering food, and event quality control.
- Assist in developing strategic plans and goals to support the Library.
- Collaborate with the Dean to administer the Records Management program on campus and to assist campus entities with understanding and successfully navigating the records retention schedule.
- Assist and provide high-level complex administrative support to the Dean, including drafting and managing correspondence and communications, scheduling appointments, and managing calendars, coordinating travel, and maintaining records and other documentation.
- Maintain and organize the Dean's daily schedule and communicate with internal and external departments for appointments and requests. Remain proactive in managing recurring appointments.
- Analyze and prioritize communications and tasks, especially items needing the Dean's immediate attention.
- Maintain a variety of library administrative records to include but not limited to, frequently updating staff emergency contact lists, resource materials and office references. Verify, process and review forms, reports, and other documents to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Disseminate information to Library and Campus constituencies as appropriate to ensure cohesion.
- In coordination with the Business Specialist III, supervise, train, and evaluate administrative services student workers. Assign tasks and evaluate job progress.
- Coordinate coverage of office phone extensions and shared email inboxes. Monitor responses and respond to inquiries as needed.
- Develop administrative and technical procedures as appropriate, working with the business manager to establish and streamline library business and administrative processes. Monitor compliance with policies and procedures as needed and make recommendations for process improvements, administrative changes, and/or new initiatives.
- Attend all applicable meetings/trainings for the Library and University or others as requested/pertinent to the position.
- Maintain and develop communications between team members by attending meetings and conference calls.
- Assist with the development and production of materials designed for the Library.
- Work cooperatively as a member of the administrative services department to ensure service excellence and cohesive operations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Three (3) years of related experience.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and in video and web communication tools.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to be able to work cooperatively with others.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills to be able to multitask.
- Ability to manage multiple, overlapping projects at once.
- Maintains attention to detail and utilizes sound judgment.
- Knowledge of university/system policies, regulations, rules, procedures, and software applications.
- Supervisory experience
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Administrative-Coordinator-II_R-034832
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency