Application Developer I
Dedicated to quality, innovation, engagement, integrity and inclusion, Information Technology/Enterprise Application Services (IT/EAS) maintains the highest standards in providing a wide range of software solutions to units throughout the University. IT/EAS maintains software systems that support the Universitys core business as well as develops custom applications in partnership with DU departments to enhance services to our community. Our services range from consultation to implementation to continuous support of software solutions. Services include:
- Software implementation, support, and development
- Secure access to institutional information
- Database development and administration
- Consultation with DU departments on software development or purchase
IT/EAS is responsible for all aspects of the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, Database Management, Data Warehouse administration, Information Analytics (BI), Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems, Learning Management System (LMS), Document Management and Workflow.
This position will work remote until deemed safe to return to campus.
With supervision, the Junior Application/Database Developer typically performs the duties of a database developer, application developer, ERP developer, and business intelligence (BI) analyst/developer. This position is responsible for the development and implementation of software solutions that fill specific institutional needs, support for all software applications including the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP - Banner) system, and all other tasks necessary to meet the technology needs of the University. This position reports to the Manager, Software Development and participates in team projects related to software development and support.
With supervision perform the following duties:
- Develop Oracle database objects and structures for data storage, retrieval and reporting according to project specifications.
- Develop back-end database interfaces to web and third party applications.
- Develop and enhance front-end applications using web technologies.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of programming languages, database/development tools, and application development.
- Experience with SQL, Oracle PL/SQL, programming languages (eg: Java), and/or reporting software.
- Entry level to 2 years application development experience or coursework specific to software development.
- Knowledge of relational database systems.
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree in computer science, computer information systems, business, or related field.
- Knowledge of one or more technologies below:
- Reporting software (eg: Cognos, Tableau).
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Wednesday, January 20th, 2021
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected candidate balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is 11.
The salary range for this position is $65,000 - $70,000/annually.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidates sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.