IT Support Center Analyst
This is a customer service assistant position that interacts with customers to provide information in response to inquiries of varying complexity about processes, products, or services and to handle and resolve complaints of varying complexity, or to refer certain customer requests to paraprofessional, professional or managerial staff. The position logs and maintains records of all customer service inquiries and transactions. This position provides first tier technical and customer service support as part of the Information Technology Services Helpdesk, an IT Support Center that provides assistance to 26 higher education institutions across the University System of Georgia on a wide range of technologies. In addition, this position serves as a customer advocate, a technical resource for Helpdesk staff, and a liaison between the Helpdesk and other technical teams within the department.
This position provides first tier technical and customer service support as part of the Enterprise Service Center by performing a wide range of duties, including the following:
• Investigates, identifies, and resolves IT support requests from customers via telephone, e-mail, or other electronic methods.
• Provides excellent customer service, diligence in collecting information, and accuracy in prioritizing and escalating issues as needed
• Provides follow up with customers and other support staff to ensure issue resolution and high degrees of customer satisfaction.
• Assists Enterprise Service Center team to drive resolution of complex technical issues without escalating to higher-level support elements.
• Develops high degree of technical familiarity with ITS systems and applications to facilitate fast, efficient support for customers.
• Actively promotes technical skills.
• Develops and maintains technical documentation and troubleshooting procedures for Enterprise Service Center staff.
• Evaluates new technologies to be supported and/or utilized internally by the team.
• Represent the Enterprise Service Center in project and service delivery meetings with internal, higher-level technical teams.
• Coordinate with internal technical teams / vendors as needed in addressing complex technical issues and new service/product rollouts.
• Associate's degree required.
• Over three years of related experience required.
• Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
• Knowledge of computer and job-related software programs.
• Skill in decision making and problem solving.
• Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to appropriately manage confidential and sensitive information.