Application Programmer II - Biomedical Informatics Program (BMI)
Job no: 515412
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Engineering/Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology, Research/Scientific/Grants
Department:29240105 - MD-HOBI-BIOMED INFORMATICS
Advertised: 05 Jan 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 19 Jan 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Application Programmer IIJob Description:
The Biomedical Informatics Program (BMI), hosted within the Department of Health Outcomes and Biomedical Informatics and closely affiliated with the Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CTSI), engages in a wide variety of informatics research and service across the University of Florida. Service initiatives include building out the informatics infrastructure for Cancer Informatics Shared Resource (CI SR) in the University of Florida Health Cancer Center, infrastructure for the OneFlorida Clinical Research Network and more. The Application Programmer II will be responsible for:
- Participating in the creation of novel software that meets research needs. Work in an interdisciplinary team of informaticists, software developers, information quality experts, statisticians, and researchers during software development.
- Participating in design, implementation, and reporting of research and evaluation studies. Contributing to scientific reports, conference papers and journal articles are expected, including documentation of method, presentation of data, and participation in interpretation of results.
- Utilizing and leading the development of novel software to extract, transform, and load (ETL) data submitted by partner organizations generated by their electronic health records and similar systems.
- Leading the development of technical project proposals to build new software or deploy and update existing software used in data cleanup, ETLing, and related tasks.
- Assisting with workflow of incoming data requests and other processes around the management, transform, analysis, etc. of data. Recommending and assisting with development of workflow and process changes to enhance efficiency of tracking and delivery. Participating and contributing to communication of requests and results delivery. Assisting with management of data governance around data sets.
- Helping to train new MS/PhD students from the technical perspective, including data management and data processing tasks.
$70,000 - $75,000Minimum Requirements:
Bachelor's degree and three years of appropriate experience. Appropriate college coursework may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.Preferred Qualifications:
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Biomedical Informatics, or related field.
- Experience in a software development position preferred.
- Familiar with API design, preferably RESTful or similar.
- Excellent formal and interpersonal communication skills, and the ability to communicate effectively to a broad range of audiences such as faculty members, PIs, center directors, study coordinators, and IT personnel.
- SQL (MSSQL, MySQL, etc.) experience
- Windows and Linux/Unix experience
- Familiarity with statistical software, e.g. SAS, R
In order to be considered for this position, please attach a resume or curriculum vitae and cover letter with your application.
The University of Florida is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
If an accommodation due to a disability is needed to apply for this position, please call 352-392-2477 or the Florida Relay System at 800-955-8771 (TDD). Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the US. Searches are conducted in accordance with Florida's Sunshine Law.
This is a time limited position.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required: