Client Service Representative (Call Center) (CARE)
Job no: 515416
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Agriculture/Life Science/Vet Medicine, Veteran's Preference Eligible
Department:28319000 - VM-SAH CUSTOMER SERVICE
Advertised: 12 Jan 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 19 Jan 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Client Service Representative (Call Center)Job Description:
The candidate will be responsible for maintaining multiple appointment schedules for both our doctors and our clients. Other job duties may include (but are not limited to): Client and patient registration, medical records, invoice review, and payment collection. The candidate will be required to successfully educate clients on the wide variety of services offered by the hospital.
• This position requires a composed and sincere individual who can fulfill the job duties even under stressful conditions.
• The individual must demonstrate a high degree of competence in the following skills: interpersonal, public relations, and communications.
• The ideal candidate will additionally demonstrate problem-solving initiative, confidence in handling client interactions, and aptitude in building and maintaining a client base.
• A professional manner is required at all times.
Previous veterinary experience is preferred (knowledge of veterinary medical terminology, veterinary medicine, medical records, and billing systems). The individual will work with doctors, clients, and staff and must be able to develop friendly, professional relationships and maintain a positive attitude throughout all interactions. He or she must also possess the ability to empathize with clients that are distressed while at the same time remaining calm and professional.
Starting salary is $15.00 - $16.00 per hour; commensurate with experience.Minimum Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent and two years of relevant experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Attainment of a score of at least 35 cwpm on an approved typing test.Preferred Qualifications:
1. Experience with veterinary medicine in a general practice environment
2. Excellent customer service skills
3. Excellent communication skills. Specifically, verbal proficiency (telephone and person-to-person) and above average literacy skills (ability to read and compose grammatically correct sentences) are critical to the success of the position.
4. Effective computer skills
5. Ability to deal with the public in a tactful and courteous manner
6. Ability to plan, organize, coordinate, and problem solve
7. Ability to perform basic arithmetic calculations involving money
8. Knowledge of medical terminology and veterinary medicine
9. Ability to work well within a team and perform duties with minimal supervision
10. Ability to set and change priorities in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment while maintaining a positive attitude
11. Ability to work accurately with attention to detail
12. Ability to handle frequent interruptions and adapt to changes in workload
13. Ability to sit for long periods of time
14. Follows appropriate chain of commands
15. Ability to lift 40 pounds
16. Must be able to bend, kneel, pull, push, twist, squat, and stand for extended periods of time.
For consideration you must submit your resume/CV and a list of three references.
This position is considered essential personnel.
This is a CARE position offering limited benefits, including health insurance and paid time off.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (EDT) of the posting end date.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.Health Assessment Required:
Yes; Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 lbs, bend, kneel, pull, push, twist and stand for an extended period of time.