Medical Scribe - Emergency Medicine
Job location: Medical Center (Charlottesville, VA)
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-01-05
Scribes shadow resident physicians and attending physicians and completes all documentation tasks through real time, on-site medical transcription. Also responsible for ensuring thoroughness of medical documentation, coordination and integration of medical tests/labs/imaging for ready access of the physicians.
- Shadows physicians during patient encounters and ensures that medical documentation is complete according to all appropriate guidelines. Takes notes on patients and completes the medical chart.
- Performs random chart reviews for quality assurance medical documentation purposes.
- Keeps chart deficiencies to less than 5%.
- Assists the physician with communicating their patient care plans with other physicians, nurses and patient care technicians.
- Ensures patient care flow has optimal efficiency to keep patient care at a high quality and the efficiency of patient flow maximized. This will be monitored by physician semi-annual reviews.
- Provides timely submission and retrieval of tests on behalf of the physician.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Real-time medical transcriptionist scribe experience
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel)
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require walking some distance to attend meetings, and programs.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.