About Champlain College:
Founded in 1878, Champlain College is a private, baccalaureate institution that offers professionally focused master's, bachelor's and associate's degree programs and professional certificates on campus, online and abroad. Champlain College was named the #1 "Most Innovative School" in the North in U.S. News & World Report's "America's Best Colleges" 2016 ranking and holds steady at #14 in the overall list of "Best Regional Colleges in the North." It was listed in Princeton Review's 2015 editions of "The Best 376 Colleges" and "353 Green Colleges." Champlain is a national leader in educating students to become skilled practitioners, effective professionals and global citizens.
The College is located in picturesque Burlington, Vermont, which is consistently ranked as one of the country's most livable small cities. Burlington was recently ranked #1 by A&E Television on a list of the 10 cities that "have it all." Burlington was also ranked as one of "10 Best Cities for the Next Decade" according to Kiplinger's Personal Finance.
We encourage interested candidates to peruse our www.champlain.edu/peoplecenter website for more information about our work and cultural environment. Champlain College offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes tuition benefits, generous retirement contributions and a professional working environment.
Exciting, Engaging, and Empowering our Community!
Located in beautiful Burlington, VT, Champlain College has a strong tradition of infusing innovation with a professionally focused curriculum to produce graduates who excel in some of the fastest-growing industries.
We seek a highly motivated, adaptable, and goal-oriented professional to join our team as a full-time Admissions Counselor. Each counselor is responsible for managing their respective recruitment territory and contributing to the Admissions team's enrollment goals. This position will recruit prospective high school and transfer students to Champlain College by initiating contact and developing relationships with students, parents, counselors, teachers, and other external constituencies. The Admissions Counselor must be able to effectively communicate specifics about the academic programs, co-curricular life, strategic plan and vision of Champlain College, both in-person and in a virtual setting. The Admissions Counselor is accountable for their individual performance and contribution to the team's larger results. The ideal candidate will be ready to jump into their responsibilities from a virtual setting and be flexible to transition to campus quickly as office space and campus expectations evolve. The ideal candidate will also be ready to contribute to a positive team environment and bring a high level of passion, enthusiasm, and attention to detail to this important work.
- Management of a recruitment territory which includes:
- Relationship building with prospective students through regular personalized communication via telephone, email, text, and social media;
- Proactively monitor progress toward targets for the territory through the use of Salesforce CRM, dashboards, and other data;
- When deemed safe by the College, travel extensively off-campus to recruit within a designated territory that includes 15-20 high school visits and 3-5 college fairs per week. Travel periods during traditional admissions cycles include approximately 8-10 weeks of travel in the fall and 2-4 weeks in the spring;
- Strategically plan and execute targeted virtual high school visits, participate in virtual college fairs, and seek out new virtual opportunities such as expert panels to connect with students from territory in a rewarding way.
- Advise prospective students about application components and understand the nuances of different major requirements.
- Review and evaluation of applications for admission;
- Serve as the primary contact for all applicants and counselors within the assigned territory.
- Achieve territory enrollment goals and contribute to overall team goals
- Assist with all on-campus or virtual recruitment events including daily Information Session presentations, Open Houses, Admitted Student Events, College Highlight Webinars, and Counselor Events.
- Deliver in-person and virtual presentations effectively to support technical issues and accurately communicate specifics about Champlain College, its mission, values, and public identity.
- Represent the voice and values of the Admissions office and Champlain College at off-campus recruitment events or virtual networking opportunities.
- Assist with additional projects and initiatives within the Office of Undergraduate Admission and Enrollment Management Division as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills. Final candidates will be asked to present to the Admissions team as part of the on-campus interview process.
- Demonstrated proficiency with technology including G-Suite, video chat platforms, and CRM systems. Ability to utilize Salesforce CRM to communicate with prospective students and manage recruitment territory.
- Organization, high attention to detail, and ability to act independently as this position requires a high degree of initiative and independent professional judgment.
- Ability to engage students from diverse backgrounds through a variety of mediums
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability to lift, load, and transport admissions materials, displays, and other equipment up to 35 pounds.
- This position requires work outside of traditional business hours including evenings and weekends throughout the year.
The successful completion of a criminal background check is required as a condition of employment.
Application materials must include a resume/CV and a letter of interest (Cover Letter) specifically addressing the desired qualifications.
Champlain College does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, place of birth, ancestry, religion, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, veteran or military service status, HIVd -positive status, qualified disability, or on the basis of any other status protected by law, and does not discriminate in the administration of its education and admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, employment practices or co-curricular and other College-administered programs. Champlain College will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified students, applicants for admission or employment, or employees. Please contact the People Center at 802.651.5800 with questions concerning the hiring process or future employment at Champlain College, or if auxiliary aids or services are needed to apply for employment at Champlain College.
Champlain College is committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community. Recognizing that diversity is both a reflection of our world and a source of rich education, Champlain strives to be diverse and inclusive in ways that reflect the world in which we live and work. All members of the Champlain community are valued as individuals.
The College seeks candidates who, through their work and life experiences, service to the community, teaching or research can contribute to the diversity, inclusivity and academic excellence of Champlain College. Please include information about how you would contribute to these efforts and help to further this goal in your letter of interest/cover letter.
For more information and to apply, please go to https://champlain.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=127218&CNTRNO=0&TSTMP=1608742945091
In order to be considered for the position, you must upload a resume and cover letter.
EU Employee Data Protection Notice: