Departmental Assistant - Institute for Biological Neurotechnology
Job no: 507056
Work type: Hourly
Location: UMass Amherst
Categories: Temporary Non-Benefited
About UMass Amherst
UMass Amherst, the Commonwealth's flagship campus, is a nationally ranked public research university offering a full range of undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees. The University sits on nearly 1,450-acres in the scenic Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, and offers a rich cultural environment in a bucolic setting close to major urban centers. In addition, the University is part of the Five Colleges (including Amherst College, Hampshire College, Mount Holyoke College, and Smith College), which adds to the intellectual energy of the region.
Project manager for development of the Institute of Biological NeuroTechnology.
- Oversee and support all administrative duties while building an Institute of Biological NeuroTechnology (iBioNT and execute activities for building an Institute of Biological NeuroTechnology (iBioNT). These include faculty workshops and grant- writing sessions.
- Research trends and potential grant opportunities within National Institutes of Health and National Science Foundation including Research Traineeship proposals that develop graduate student research.
- Collaborate with the Director of Neurosciences to build upon the foundation of forming the first of its kind Institute at UMass.
- Manage and prepare agendas for collaborative meetings of research teams.
- Work with the Office of Research Development and Office of Pre-Award Services (OPAS) to identify additional funding opportunities.
- Work in tandem with University Proposal Development Specialists.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
- Proficient with Slack, Box and Zoom Conferencing is preferred.
- Proficiency with Kuali grant software and Summit account reporting is preferred.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
Due to the current pandemic conditions this position will be working remotely, and a computer will be provided. A strong home internet connection is preferred for maxim efficiency.
Monday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm flexible
Temporary Position: 1/18/21 - 8/31/21 (non-benefitted)
As part of a commitment to their own multicultural community, CNS seeks an individual with a demonstrated commitment to diversity and one who will understand and embrace university initiatives and aspirations. (https://www.cns.umass.edu/diversity-equity-inclusion)
UMass Amherst is committed to a policy of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or genetic information in employment, admission to and participation in academic programs, activities, and services, and the selection of vendors who provide services or products to the University. To fulfill that policy, UMass Amherst is further committed to a program of affirmative action to eliminate or mitigate artificial barriers and to increase opportunities for the recruitment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and covered veterans. It is the policy of the UMass Amherst to comply with the applicable federal and state statutes, rules, and regulations concerning equal opportunity and affirmative action.
Advertised: Jan 4 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Jan 31 2021 Eastern Standard Time