Instructor - Tenure Track, Nursing
Hudson County Community College
Position Vacancy Notice
Instructor - Tenure Track, Nursing
Posting date: January 06, 2021
Hudson County Community College (HCCC) is an award-winning, comprehensive urban college serving one of the most historic and ethnically diverse areas of the United States. HCCC has three campuses located just minutes from Manhattan: the Journal Square campus in Jersey City and North Hudson Campus in Union City are adjacent to vital transportation hubs; the Secaucus campus has abundant parking.
Fully accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, HCCC serves more than 18,000 credit and non-credit students annually. The College offers more than 60 degree and certificate programs, including award-winning English as a Second Language, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics), Culinary Arts/Hospitality Management, Nursing and Health Sciences, and Fine and Performing Arts. The HCCC Culinary/Hospitality Management program was ranked number six in the U.S. by Best Choice Schools. Over 94% of HCCC Nursing program graduates passed the NCLEX first time out, placing the program’s graduates in the top tier of two- and four-year nursing programs nationwide. In 2017, the Equality of Opportunity Project ranked HCCC in the top 5% of 2,200 U.S. higher education institutions for social mobility. In 2019, the College joined Achieving the Dream as part of its expanding efforts towards continuous improvement in ensuring student success.
HCCC has partnerships with every major four-year college and university in the greater New Jersey-New York area and beyond, accommodating seamless transfer of credits for further undergraduate and graduate education.
The College has been recognized with numerous national and state awards for excellence in student success programming, diversity, and equity, educational innovativeness, facilities design, and communications from the Association of Community College Trustees, American Association of Community Colleges, Association of College and Research Libraries, National College Learning Association, National Council of Teachers of English, College Advertising Awards, New Jersey Business & Industry Association, and others.
Hudson County Community College is proud of its culture of care and invites applications from those wishing to join a community dedicated to promoting student success in all its forms.
Nursing Program, Division of Nursing & Health Sciences
Position Summary/Job Description
Instructor, Tenure Track – Nursing position, evening/weekend faculty, and facilitator is a full-time, position that will be responsible for successfully performing the professional duties of both didactic and clinical instruction.
- Provide instruction to students in the classroom and clinical
- Holds a minimum of three office hours per week. Advise and register students when indicated.
- Student learning outcomes assessment activities
- Accreditation activities
- Discipline and Program meetings
- Assists the Director with activities associated with the Weekend Division
- Activities include arranging testing times and proctors.
- Assesses adjunct faculty in the evening and weekend division during the semester to ensure course objectives are being met.
- Participates in College Committee work, including course and program revision.
- Maintain active involvement with:
- Adjunct faculty (teaching) using individual and group discussion meetings, and with students through regularly scheduled student advising sessions.
- Investigates Student Community Service opportunities and Student Service learning through the development of student service-learning and community services activities, recruitment of students to participate in service-learning and community service. Assign the Course Faculty to oversee the Community service activities.
- Mentor adjunct faculty in weekend division including classroom and clinical observation responsibilities.
- Participate in the curriculum committee for development and revision.
- Perform other professional duties as directed and/or approved by the Vice President of Academic Affairs.
- Master’s degree in Nursing from a regionally accredited institution of higher education.
- Two years of college-level teaching experience, preferably at the community college level.
- Experience teaching in a specific discipline.
- Demonstrated knowledge of modern pedagogical technology and its use in the classroom.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to provide diverse teaching methods to different learning styles.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching and the ability to teach students from diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Preferred experience in distance education course delivery.
Review of applications to begin
January 06, 2021
For full consideration please send resume, cover letter, salary expectations, and a list of three professional references to [email protected]
As a New Jersey First Act Employer, new employees must establish a primary residence in New Jersey within one year unless an exemption applies.
HCCC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive learning and working environment. Decisions on employment are made on the basis of the qualifications of an individual for the particular position being filled. Women, veterans, and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Share this job with your network:
Diversity Profile: University
AAUP COMPENSATION SURVEY DATAView more
Apply for Instructor - Tenure Track, Nursing
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly