CLINICAL ASSISTANT SUPERVISOR, School of Dental Medicine, Clinical Affairs
CLINICAL ASSISTANT SUPERVISOR, School of Dental Medicine, Clinical AffairsTracking Code2085 Job Description
The Dental Assistant Supervisor is responsible to manage, provide mentorship, and direct the daily workflow of the dental assistants working with the pre-doc students on the first, fifth, and sixth floors, to ensure all the students are adequately supported to provide the best care possible to their patients. The Clinical Assistant Supervisor will be able to effectively mentor and lead staff and work with the Practice Manager in assisting with the interviewing process, staffing concerns and disciplinary issues.
The supervisor is also responsible for the development of the dental assistants regarding dental procedures, infection control, proper 4 handed dentistry protocols, provide cross training and support a team centered environment. In addition, the Clinical Assistant Supervisor will be able to implement changes vital to the growth of GSDM business operations which does include ensuring clinic coverage is consistent and the schedule is adhered to for the efficient turn around of dental chairs.
The Clinical Assistant Supervisor is also responsible to provide support to the Practice Manager regarding operation functions of the clinic in terms of adequate staff to cover the patient demand in the clinics, approve requests for time off, craft vacation and time off schedule for the assistants and other operational items that arise.Required Skills
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Prior experience as a Dental Assistant in a Dental Practice Setting; or experience working in a dental care environment is required.
- Current Massachusetts Dental Assistant License and CPR and Radiology certification is required.
- Must be able to review and discuss a treatment plan with patients and have strong understanding of dental terminology and procedures.
- Model proper patient management/communication with Students and dental assistant direct reports.
- Must be proactive and demonstrate critical thinking skills in order to problem solve.
- Must be organized with attention to detail; ability to multi-task and set priorities for yourself.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both written and oral.
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Must be comfortable working in a lively, at times fast-paced environment working with multiple Students and supporting multiple operatories at any given time.
- Must have experience working with MS Office such as Word, Excel. Powerpoint is a plus.
- Bilingual highly preferred, but not required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.Job Location BOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular