Title:Enrollment Counselor/Recruiter Department:Recruiting Office 2000800 Job Category:Classified Staff Regular/Temporary:Regular Open Date:01/04/2021 Close Date:01/18/2021 Description:
- Performs recruitment functions
- Produces extensive correspondence and communication related to recruitment events and activities.
- Reaches out to prospects and applicants through phone calls, text messages, emails, mail, or other correspondence to move prospective students through each stage of the enrollment management process.
- Attends off-campus events to aid in the recruitment of targeted students.
- Fosters relationships with faculty and staff on campus and alumni who can aid in the recruitment process.
- Develops and maintains relationships with high school guidance counselors, teachers, and administrators.
- Serves as host for prospective students who are visiting ABAC and ensures they have a great experience.
- Responsible for meeting individual recruitment goals.
- Travel, as needed, to recruit students or represent the College at functions or events.
- Supports the planning, designing, and organization of unit goals and objectives and contributes to efforts toward expected outcomes.
- Supports direction of and services within the unit and contributes to a culture of continuous improvement throughout all functional areas of enrollment management.
- Provides constructive input to the Assistant Director of Enrollment Management and the Director of Enrollment Management for the development and recommendation of policies, planning guidance, and procedures for strategic planning and reaching enrollment management goals.
- Complies with federal, state, USG, and college policies and processes.
- Follows the development and implementation of data-informed strategies to reach student enrollment goals.
- Fosters consistent and productive communication throughout the Office of Enrollment Management and the College as a whole.
- Fosters a sense of teamwork within both the Office of Enrollment Management and the College as a whole.
- Maintains a highly engaged relationship with students and remains visible throughout the campus community.
- Performs a variety of related duties.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
- Knowledge of Board of Regents policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of ABAC’s policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of enrollment management principles and practices.
- Skill in the operation of computers and job-related software programs.
- Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Understanding of marketing and sales from an educational perspective.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- The Vice President of Enrollment Management and the Director of Enrollment Management assign work in terms of unit goals and objectives. The supervisor reviews and evaluates work through individual conferences, reports, the tracking of enrollment management benchmarks, and observation of unit activities.
- Guidelines include the unit goals, the ABAC Strategic Plan, Student Handbook, FERPA regulations, Title IX regulations, and federal and state guidelines.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
- The work consists of recruiting and assisting students through the various steps of the admissions process. This requires that the enrollment counselor/recruiter be a self-starter and able to work both independently and as part of a team. It also requires good judgment, professionalism, communication skills, and discernment.
- Contacts are typically with co-workers, other college employees, students, community partners, and members of the general public.
- Contacts are typically to provide services, to give or exchange information, or to resolve problems.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table or while intermittently sitting, standing, or stooping. The employee occasionally lifts light objects.
- The work is typically performed in an office.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
- This position does not have supervision responsibility. This position is responsible for managing assigned prospects and applicants.
This position is responsible for recruiting new students to ABAC and provides information to prospective students throughout the enrollment management process. The incumbent aids in the application process, facilitates in other enrollment management processes, and spends time developing relationships with high school guidance counselors, teachers, and administrators. The Enrollment Counselor works with a diverse range of students and families and must be willing to travel.Required Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree or higher.
· Commitment to the delivery of outstanding customer service.
· Knowledge and familiarity with technology, computers, and relevant software.
· Willingness to assume additional responsibilities and duties as assigned.
· Ability to prioritize, solve problems, and communicate in a team environment.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Willingness to travel, can lift at least 30 lbs., and stand and sit for extended periods of time.